Blackpool is a cesspit

I'm back in the UK for a while, and have just completed a three week touring holiday with SWMBO and my wee granddaughter. A lovely time was had by all, until we reached Blackpool.
I cannot remember why we booked in here, but I never want to ever come back.
It's chav central, with an extra dose of pikies. Whatever charm it ever had is long gone, and why it exists at all beats me.
I have seen many unpleasant sights in my time, but the appearance of a half naked drugged up beggar, covered in sores and bandages, with ECG leads still attached to his emaciated torso beats anything I've seen in the pits of the Far East.
WTF has happened to GREAT Britain?

My mum lived in Lytham for several years and she bristled whenever anyone said “is that near Blackpool?” I have never been anywhere as squalid as Blackpool.

Could have been worse.

You could have gone down to the bottom end and visited the malfunctioned social experiments that you will find in the Pleasure Beach

Could have been worse.

You could have gone down to the bottom end and visited the malfunctioned social experiments that you will find in the Pleasure Beach
My bad. It was the pleasure beach I was referring to. Other parts are not too bad.

My bad. It was the pleasure beach I was referring to. Other parts are not too bad.

Ahhhh, that explains it.
The Pleasure Beach must contain the greatest concentration of genetically abnormal specimens seen anywhere in the UK on any given summers day.
Not a joke, they have must have a special enterance lane for spaz chariots

I understand that even chavs and pikies need holidays, but why can't they go to their local landfill site, and luxuriate in the squalor they seem to aspire to.

I went on a coach trip from Brizzle to see Blackpool back in the early 80's, even my younger self considered it a shithole, I doubt it has improved.

My next door neighbour loves the place.

Ahhhh, that explains it.
The Pleasure Beach must contain the greatest concentration of genetically abnormal specimens seen anywhere in the UK on any given summers day.
Yep, even worse than Skegness.

It used to be popular with Weedgies who flocked to the place during the Glasgow Fair fortnight. To them even Blackpool must have been an improvement.

The guest houses that still exist are now just DSS hostels for the dregs.

Blackpool's fucking great, it is what it is. Cheap beer, loose women and puking in the streets.

Spent a year living in hotels there whilst on courses at Warton, had a cracking time. Half you cunts look down your nose at these people then chunter on about the will of the people, you begrudge them a bit of fun?

I remember doing some Exercise up near Manchester/Lancaster way with a bit of AT thrown in for good measure back in the late 80's or early 90's - also remember doing the Krypton Factor assault course then. There was an organised night out to Blackpool and five 4Tonners full of squaddies rocked up on the main front bit and all I remember it was absolute carnage! I have no idea if it was nice back then but the local lads really didn't appreciate us lot turning up.

Was fun.

It was to me. I can remember Blackpool from 55 years ago, and it wasn't that bad then.
Yep, had a week there in the 60s. It was cool back then, and clean.

My mum lived in Lytham for several years and she bristled whenever anyone said “is that near Blackpool?” I have never been anywhere as squalid as Blackpool.
Try Rhyl, its the poor(er) mans Blackpool.

I had a night out in Blackpool about 15 years ago on a world trip to the area, and thankfully never had to go back. The only place I've been in the UK where I felt serious concern for personal safety and well-being.

Last edited: