Blackpool in danger of being destroyed by earthquakes say activists

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tuffy52, Nov 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to the new type of tapping for gas called Fracking the Fylde Coast has already experienced 2 earthquakes,although measuring only 2.5 on the Richter Scale they have become a worry for the residents of the area,the test Fracking has only been going on for a few months and only a small amount of actual 'fracturing' has taken place.This does not bode well for the future when the process goes to full scale,the Geologist who has determined that the 2 quakes were a direct result of the technique has actually been hired by the drilling company,however they (the drilling company),believe that it is safe to carry on and to expand their operations in the area.

Is Fracking safe and what will happen to the Fylde Coast?......
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Blackpool destroyed by Earth quakes.

What a stroke of luck.....
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Could only be an improvement....
  4. I made the earth move on several occasions in cheepo BnB's there in the 80's.
  5. 2.5 on the Richter scale? That's about equivalent to dropping a half full beer glass. I'm pretty sure the ground would move more when a tram goes past.
  6. No rock for you then,and you are barred from the Tower forthwith....
  7. Blackpool in danger of being destroyed by earthquakes?

There is a God!!!!!
  8. I'm not sure on the risks attached to this process, but I say it's a stroke of luck that the gas has been found under Blackpool and where they can just plough on regardless without giving the risks of earthquakes much more further thought. Blackpool may be destroyed, but it's dying a slow death anyway and it will mean I pay a lot less for my gas bill.
  9. Ok Ok,,George Formby will not be cleaning your windows in future,and he will not lean on your lamp post.....
  10. Or when bigbird takes a stroll along the front ;-)
  11. Earthquake magnitude: 2.5 or less Usually not felt, but can be recorded by seismograph.
  12. Think how many chavs could be got rid of. Well done, keep it up.
  13. You are either a southern poofter,welsh or of foreign extraction,oh and by the way,you should be green now with all that stuff catching sunshine on your roof (solar panels(I knew I would remember))....
  14. How ****ing fat are you?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. hopefully blackpool will be gone in a cloud of smoke and that fowl, rank smell of chip fat will go too
    scruffiest place i've ever seen