Blackpool Illuminations

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by skintboymike, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just spent the week in Blackpool, and was interested to hear that the theme of the new lights will be Dr Who, and will also feature a section designed by Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen. (His ugly mug is plastered all over the start of the strip). Incidentally, the lights will be switched on any time now by David Tennant.

Do we have no better themes or ideas to celebrate?

2. Naked females

3. MDN *******/funking/kangoing nittile umbruggula.( that may not quite be the right spelling)

or sum such criminal offspring......

:D

4. That's better than my idea, can I get a seat near the front?

5. I've just listened to the big Switch On live on Radio 2, hosted by Dale Winton.

Jesus, talk about a non event. At first I was gutted I couldn't stay for one more night, but now I've heard that dross I'm not too fussed.

6. In all honesty, what did you expect?

7. A bit more really, but then I've never witnessed them first hand. They made a big deal about the presence of Natalie Imbruglia, McFly and Natasha Bedingfield, but it seemed a let down at how quickly the mood just dropped after the switch was thrown.

I dare say it was still fantastic for the wee ones though....

8. NO! you're the "assistant" :D

Blackpool illuminations on the radio..........who the cluck came up with that? :D

9. Would gladly assist anything into Ms Imbruglia's person!

10. "Laydeez an' gennlemen... the illuminations!" CLICK. Hardly translates to radio methinks.

11. what next - Marcel Marceaux doing his best mime act for R4 comedy slot

12. With all that power energy being wasted I'm surprised Blackpool is still allowed to 'light up' and is not targeted by the eco-warriors .....turn 'em off and save the planet init..........