• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Blackpool anyone?

oldbaldy

LE
Blackpool was today chosen to host the 2008 National Veterans Day event. The announcement was made by Derek Twigg MP, Under Secretary of State for Defence and Minister for Veterans who said “I am pleased to announce that, alongside a huge range of events in other towns and cities across the UK, the town that will hold the main National Veterans Day event in 2008 is Blackpool”

http://www.veterans-uk.info/veteransday08/Blackpool Veterans Day 2008.pdf

I saw that too and reckon it could be a good 'un... I'll mention it to Her Indoors when I get home, as she too has her badge!

An ARRSE cohort on parade... :roll:

oldbaldy

LE
Think MDN will do a turn for all the old boys & girls?

To all vets, of any age, get along to Blackpool if you are in the North West.

While you are there say hello to Tony Martin, doing his bit for Combat Stress. All ARRSERS welcome, especially pretty ones (girls as well)

You will see him with a CVRT, display of equipment and CS banner.

Once he`s got through the Town Hall red tape :roll: there will be free beer and crumpets, champagne and horses doofers.

He`s a top bloke(though very poor) but prone to exaggeration at times.

With so many attractions Tony is looking forward to enlightened conversation and cunning stunts over the weekend. :D :D

Be there.