Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackburn Beverley for sale

The wax replica of the Queen is only fetching £140 at the moment, with her husband topping £260 already.

The wax replica of the Queen is only fetching £140 at the moment, with her husband topping £260 already.

I was shown the latest batch of heads for 'Spitting Image' last night and they bear a much better resemblence to their subjects.
These seem to be worse than those at Louis Tussaud's in Great Yarmouth.

The Sp. Image modellers have been particularly 'unkind' to Jacinta Wotsername, prime minister of NZ which I found particularly amusing.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

700 for a crane at both ends and about 1500 quid to move it anywhere, so you need to add 3k onto whatever the hammer price ends up. Would make an excellent cafe somewhere though. Out of guage for UK railways sadly.
Can they not alter the bogies to fit the UK gauge ? A lot of the kit on the Nene Valley is foreign .

Truxx

LE
Can they not alter the bogies to fit the UK gauge ? A lot of the kit on the Nene Valley is foreign .
I think it is a combination of size and brakes. I was once treated to an hour or two of the ways and wherefores by an RLC Railwayman...

I am sure that something could be done.

Truxx

LE
£21K plus buyers premium for the Beverley, the Berlin Dining Car made £8K pus the 15%. So both look like they have some keen folks backing them.

The standard track gauge in Germany is the same as that in the UK. The problem sounds as if it might be the loading gauge which is the allowance for clearance between the carriage body and parallel tracks, bridges, tunnels, platforms etc.

If the carriage is a bit on the lumpy side, it will be unable to run on the UK network.

ugly

LE
If the carriage is a bit on the lumpy side, it will be unable to run on the UK network.
Wide to gauge loads are fairly well catered for in special instructions but if going to a preserved railway where its usually single track with no mainline connection a low loader and road move usually suffices.

Truxx

LE
Wide to gauge loads are fairly well catered for in special instructions but if going to a preserved railway where its usually single track with no mainline connection a low loader and road move usually suffices.
Out of guage movement is one thing. Having to move all your platforms 9 inches further back to accommodate a fat coach is quite another.

ugly

LE
Out of guage movement is one thing. Having to move all your platforms 9 inches further back to accommodate a fat coach is quite another.
It could become a sidings queen used for a cafe etc!

Although I never visited it, I always got the impression that Fort Paull museum was a bit of a pikey affair and not run very professionally. Mind you. they managed to hang on to their Beverley when the RAF Museum didn't.

Latest Threads