Blackburn Beverley for sale

I would fit nicely in my field although the landing run would be tricky...

It would be a fantastic garden shed.

4(T)

LE
It doesn't mention the auctioneer's company. It will be interesting to see the catalogue when its compiled - must be some interesting stuff coming up for sale.

doesnt really make sense, i'd only have to sell it to fund the subsequent divorce.

unless of course, i buried her underneath it. nobody's going to shift that thing in a hurry.

Hopefully the Hawker Hunter there ends up in good hands as well, when I worked in Hull I saw it in a right state outside the old Airfix/Humbrol factory covered in graffiti with the cockpit smashed. I never went to Paull but know that they rescued it and restored it somewhat.

Slime

LE
It’s a Blackburn Beverley, not the other way around :)

Isn’t it the only surviving Beverley?
I believe that it became the only survivor after the RAF Museum at Hendon allowed theirs to disintegrate through neglect and being kept out in the open. You'd have thought that they might know something about looking after aeroplanes.

JackSofty

Old-Salt
Amongst other items as Fort Paull in Hull is having a clear out. I remember climbing all over it as a kid when it was at the museum of army transport in Beverley. Hope it goes to a good home, it's the only one left in the country.

View attachment 446736
I wondered if it was the one from the museum in Beverley. Crawled all over it many times when in my youth too.
Used to scale the foreshore wall (over a drop of fifty or more feet) to access the tunnels at Fort Paull too before it became a museum.
Liberated ammunition crates and small bits of discarded ordnance as well as drinking large quantities of Co-Op cider at tunnel’s end overlooking the Humber. Fabulous playground.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

JackSofty

Old-Salt
As suggested in the article the auction house is Gilbert Baitson, Anlaby Road, Kingston Upon Hull.
A perusal of the website gives no indication of the date (some time in June) but you can keep an eye out for it and view their catalogues on biddpotter, i-bidder and the_saleroom.com. Personally, I use the saleroom as is is simple enough for this old cretin and you can put loads of alerts for when particular items of interest show up nationwide and overseas.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Last edited:
I believe that it became the only survivor after the RAF Museum at Hendon allowed theirs to disintegrate through neglect and being kept out in the open. You'd have thought that they might know something about looking after aeroplanes.
I wonder what state this Beverley is in? The Vulcan at Blackpool was scrapped after years in the sea air.

Latest Threads