Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Nov 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have one? Would you reccommend?
  2. One of the Japanese blokes I work with on occassions says that they're the best thing since sliced Tofu, been thinking of getting one myself only heard good things about them.
  3. A few years ago, we had a major black out in the north eastern US. Everything went dead except for the Blackberrys. I don't have one because I am a cheap b*stard, but it is a great piece of kit.
  4. Don't pick them after Michaelmass - they have the devil in them. - you have been warned. javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
    Rolling Eyes
  5. They are on general issue to all the senior management at the company I work for. They seem to be addicted to them and are tapping away constantly wherever they are - so much so they have been renamed 'crackberries'.

If our senior management can use them, they must be pretty idiot proof.
  6. A friend of mine works for a company which has just issued a group of staff with Raspberries. Not sure if they are a rival or just smaller but are great, apparently.
  7. We trialled them for a while for our ops managers. However, they have opted for a different thingy that is a mobile phone and pda in one.

Can't remember what they are off the top of my head, but they offer more functionality than Blackberry.
  8. Well - depends what you want in life.

If you want to be able to access AND BE ACCESSED 24/7/365 by everyone who can e-mail then it is a great thing. If you want a loaded, singing, dancing version of a Filofax, then get a PDA/palmtop.

Senior US Mil types have them around me here - scary. If you're that important, get a Personal Assistant. I don't need that many e-mails in a day.
  9. blackberry is a shoite hot piece of kit - well worth the money (and not as expensive as it used to be) T-Mobile do a variant of it, which does not require farting about with LANS. Yet you can still access corporate emails - provided firewalls aren't too high security etc etc.

Also, have a gander at the XDA 2 - Even better in my view
  10. Just ran a cost excercise for my company via vodafone. seems like we will all be getting one soon, good bit of kit of you are a corporate email users. bit pants if its for POP3 email.

11. Feck me!! I never realised how backwards I am, I had never even heard of a blackberry until i opened this thread.
    :oops: :oops:
  12. That's the one ! Yes ! XDA2 is what I was trying to think of. Agreed. Much better bit of kit than Blackberry. far more versatile. Will you have my babies Moodybitch? Let me know on the 4th. 8)
  13. I recently went on an NHS conference. The biggest bores there were the Blackberry owners. Or should that be the people owned by the Blackberrys. Tapping away all day while they were AWAY from the office. Answering crap e mails from people who couldn't wait 24 hours to see them. My mobile stayed off in my pocket all day and no cnut bothered me at all. These people are stupid.