Blackberry question.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by skid2, Jul 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Working on the simple assumption that somebody knows something.
    I have a blackberry, wrapped in an otterbox case. It works great as music player, info storage and doing emails and messaging. It just happens to be crap as a phone, second time its been replaced. Incoming calls break up and apparently outgoing calls do too.
    I like it but as a phone it just doesn't cut it.
    Any thoughts for a fix.

And yes throwing it in the bin and getting an S3 is an option.

Relevant thoughts and abuse always appreciated
  2. I had one. Shit as a phone, kept breaking down, dropping calls. Bin it.
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I've got 2 - heavily used and both flawless, as were the last pair I chopped in after 2 year contracts were up.
    In 5 years I've only ever had one go wrong, duff battery after 3-4 months.

Secretary seems to go through iphones and HTC's at a rapid rate, but that may be partly cosmetic desire.

Try a different model if you like the functions, personnally I could not live without push email so I'll stick with them for that reason alone.
  4. You can improve he call-handling performance a little bit if you switch off the 3G network and just use the other one. GPRS?
  5. You can get (enterprise) push email on iPhones as well. My company uses MS Office exchange server, currently people who need an official work phone are give a choice of BB, iPhone and S3.

I have a BB for my work, no issues with call quality etc. If anything it's better than my personal S3, especially in areas with dodgy signal. Plus, it's much better for emailing on the fly - HW keys will always be better than SW keys.
  6. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Go into network selection and get rid of automatic and manually select the network.

I've flicked from BBerry to Iphone, HTC, Lumia the lot, all from curiosity, by far the best handset I've ever owned is the 9790 Blackberry. The only critisism is that the battery life could be better.
  7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Blackberry binned. S3 got. Thanks all.