Blackberry, how to extract contacts to a PC?

ok, stop laughing.

Work have blessed me with a Blackberry 9380, which I used solely as a phone (for a number of reasons).

Now, I want to extract my contacts from this 9380 and import them onto my laptop, in a format that I can:-

1/ open
2/ read
3/ edit if necessary

Blackberry use something called a .bbb file which I can't seem to open despite 3 hours meddling with it.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these devices and the best way to get this info out? Or am I going to have to go through them line by line and write them down?

Thanks in advance, Taff

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
When I used a Blackberry I used the Blackberry Desktop software and it synce'd contacts, diary etc. with Microsoft Outlook. That should do the trick.

When I used a Blackberry I used the Blackberry Desktop software and it synce'd contacts, diary etc. with Microsoft Outlook. That should do the trick.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it had already done that. What I'm after is a way of just extracting names and phone numbers from it, into a word format. It appears the BB like to avoid that, can't think why...

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
Yeah, I know what you mean, it had already done that. What I'm after is a way of just extracting names and phone numbers from it, into a word format. It appears the BB like to avoid that, can't think why...

All I can think to do is import them to Outlook, then export the outlook Contacts file to another programme like Excel from which you can save as a Word or Notepad or Wordpad file.

Try?

Tried that one mate, it just dumps them into outlook.

What I'm trying to do is export them from the BB and into either word or excel, neither of which seem to be pheasible without buying extra software.

Hmm. Might just go old school and copy them to the SIM, then put the SIM into and old spare phone and copy them to that phone.
Mate, go to Blackberry World they have a free app that doe just what you want. I can't give you the link as I'm on my iPhone in a sleazy bar with a bird tugging me hosepipe.

Latest Threads