Blackberry Facepest and Twatter...

My BB has apparently had a headfit and refuses to interact with FB and Twitter - probably wise but not what I want. It also seems unwilling to interact with the global hyper worldwide interweb properly.

Has anybody had a similar experience and resolved it? It started yesterday PM btw. It is a stand-alone not an enterprise one?

Hayulp!

My BB has apparently had a headfit and refuses to interact with FB and Twitter - probably wise but not what I want. It also seems unwilling to interact with the global hyper worldwide interweb properly.

Has anybody had a similar experience and resolved it? It started yesterday PM btw. It is a stand-alone not an enterprise one?

Hayulp!
Blackberry is fucked, where have you been for the last few days? BBC News - Blackberry users complain of fresh crash

Blackberries up here are just coming good. They're especially nice with apples under a shortcrust pastry.

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Blackberry is on the way to having a global melt down. Hopefully closely followed by iPhones. That way I can start laughing at everyone and tell them that their phones really are **** and that there are better smart phones on the market.

Durr, I wondered why I hadn't had any death threat BBMs for a few days, or photos of maguire's whitey tighties.

Hotmail still works on it though, and I have got my crappy pink Samsung as a back up, so no-one is safe.

Blackberry is on the way to having a global melt down. Hopefully closely followed by iPhones. That way I can start laughing at everyone and tell them that their phones really are **** and that there are better smart phones on the market.
Your sympathy and empathy are only surpassed by your personal charm! :D

They have just said on the news that some Blackberry users are so angry they are tweeting about the situation...

Poor dears....dry your eyes princess

I'd be more sympathetic if these gadgets and stuff had decent technical names that a bloke could mention with some manly pride, in the same way that you can announce which make of car or shotgun you prefer.

Blackberries are fruit FFS and using a Blackberry to tweet or whatever these people do with them just makes them sound like new age girly twats...

And tweeting sounds like something you'd find in a computer game designed for pre-school kids...

Rodney2q - who manages perfectly well with a basic mobile phone (no music, camera, tinternet, latest girly colour etc) and a land line and can still stay in touch with everyone

walkyrie

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
As per the BBC article, the servers crashed about 11am Monday. Restored late Monday night but crashed again Tuesday morning.

The official line from RIM now is that the servers are back up and running (as at early this morning) but "some users" (including everyone I know) are still experiencing problems as theres a huge backlog of data to be processed.

Was in the market for upgrading mine, but might hold off in case it becomes a £200 paperweight after RIM collapse in a few weeks. This whole affair isn't going to help their already dwindling market share.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
From RiM - “The messaging and browsing delays being experienced by BlackBerry users in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, Brazil, Chile and Argentina were caused by a core switch failure within RIM’s infrastructure. Although the system is designed to failover to a back-up switch, the failover did not function as previously tested. As a result, a large backlog of data was generated and we are now working to clear that backlog and restore normal service as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will continue to keep you informed.”

Hayulp!
Mine has been fine throughout, everything perfectly normal.

RIM suffered a bit of a PR 'fail' when they secured the domain name 'RIM.jobs' for their careers page. True.

They have just said on the news that some Blackberry users are so angry they are tweeting about the situation...

Poor dears....dry your eyes princess

I'd be more sympathetic if these gadgets and stuff had decent technical names that a bloke could mention with some manly pride, in the same way that you can announce which make of car or shotgun you prefer.

Blackberries are fruit FFS and using a Blackberry to tweet or whatever these people do with them just makes them sound like new age girly twats...

And tweeting sounds like something you'd find in a computer game designed for pre-school kids...

Rodney2q - who manages perfectly well with a basic mobile phone (no music, camera, tinternet, latest girly colour etc) and a land line and can still stay in touch with everyone

Speak up caller, you're through!

Edited to add: Please stay on the line caller, Mr Graham Bell wants to know if you prefer the speaker to be hand-held or wall mounted...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fugly Gaming and Software 3
ugly Gaming and Software 0
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 12