Blackberry Facepest and Twatter...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Cuddles, Oct 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My BB has apparently had a headfit and refuses to interact with FB and Twitter - probably wise but not what I want. It also seems unwilling to interact with the global hyper worldwide interweb properly.

Has anybody had a similar experience and resolved it? It started yesterday PM btw. It is a stand-alone not an enterprise one?

Hayulp!

2. Got the same problem, Blackberry services are still down.

Message sent funnily enough, not with my Blackberry as its fucked.

3. Blackberry is fucked, where have you been for the last few days? BBC News - Blackberry users complain of fresh crash

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Blackberries up here are just coming good. They're especially nice with apples under a shortcrust pastry.

5. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Blackberry is on the way to having a global melt down. Hopefully closely followed by iPhones. That way I can start laughing at everyone and tell them that their phones really are **** and that there are better smart phones on the market.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Durr, I wondered why I hadn't had any death threat BBMs for a few days, or photos of maguire's whitey tighties.

Hotmail still works on it though, and I have got my crappy pink Samsung as a back up, so no-one is safe.

7. Your sympathy and empathy are only surpassed by your personal charm! :D

8. They have just said on the news that some Blackberry users are so angry they are tweeting about the situation...

Poor dears....dry your eyes princess

I'd be more sympathetic if these gadgets and stuff had decent technical names that a bloke could mention with some manly pride, in the same way that you can announce which make of car or shotgun you prefer.

Blackberries are fruit FFS and using a Blackberry to tweet or whatever these people do with them just makes them sound like new age girly twats...

And tweeting sounds like something you'd find in a computer game designed for pre-school kids...

Rodney2q - who manages perfectly well with a basic mobile phone (no music, camera, tinternet, latest girly colour etc) and a land line and can still stay in touch with everyone

9. BB users could always try calling someone and speaking to them or what about a meeting face to face, radical eh?

• Like Like x 1
  10. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

As per the BBC article, the servers crashed about 11am Monday. Restored late Monday night but crashed again Tuesday morning.

The official line from RIM now is that the servers are back up and running (as at early this morning) but "some users" (including everyone I know) are still experiencing problems as theres a huge backlog of data to be processed.

Was in the market for upgrading mine, but might hold off in case it becomes a £200 paperweight after RIM collapse in a few weeks. This whole affair isn't going to help their already dwindling market share.

11. From RiM - “The messaging and browsing delays being experienced by BlackBerry users in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, Brazil, Chile and Argentina were caused by a core switch failure within RIM’s infrastructure. Although the system is designed to failover to a back-up switch, the failover did not function as previously tested. As a result, a large backlog of data was generated and we are now working to clear that backlog and restore normal service as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will continue to keep you informed.”

12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

This shit still not sorted yet? How do the retards cope without their 5 - minutely e-**** updates?

• Like Like x 1
  13. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I've been killing time by trying to throw rocks at the moon.

14. Mine has been fine throughout, everything perfectly normal.

15. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Ms Skids is working fine. Mine's a stinking pile of poo for some strange reason even phone calls are breaking up.