Blackberry Bold 9780

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Spacehopper383, Sep 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just taken the plunge and upgraded my handset to a Blackberry (still on Orange network). What useful application are out there that you have on your phone?
    I've looked at the Blackberry shop and am somewhat disappointed with what is on offer and when I do find an app, it only works in certain countries.
  2. Documents To Go is a good one, it's a version of Microsoft Office for your BB.
  3. Tapatalk if you don't have it.
  4. Yep. Last week the whole RIM system crashed for days, causing untold misery for 10's of thousands of business users.

Oops...just spotted that this is an old thread and briansmiths is a tad weird.
  5. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

I spent a lot of time hearing and reading about the chaos but never noticed a thing. My Bb just carried on pushing emails in and out and browsing was no problem. Perhaps the problem was in areas rather than just global.
  6. Mine took a bit of a spaz attack, but was OK after a battery pull. Mrs_Sauce has a Galaxy Wave II and that ****** never works properly. Full 3g signal but emergency calls only.
  7. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Which Blackberry can anyone recommend for work - been offered a new one and am not sure which to go for since it's been a while since I used one. Just want emails, qwerty keyboard, texting, calls and a big feck off battery so not bothered with anything else on it.

Any recommendations?
  8. I have to say that my BB bold 9780 is a damn site better than a lot of phones I've had in the past.
    Battery life is really good with normally one charge a week, but then again I don't spend ages talking on it, but I do use it for sending emails and texts. The wifi is great for using the internet especially at home when I don't want to fire up the laptop.
    Only one complaint and that would be the size of the screen. I think the 9900 has a larger screen but don't hold me to that.
  9. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

The 9780 is a very very good handset.

No complaints and I hammer the phone, usually 5000 mins a month and plenty of email / data use. The battery is the best of all the blackberrys, although I havent yet tried the new bold, which is apparently wider with a larger screen but slimmer.

I use an Iphone two, but the battery is awful, apps are good but its more of a none business users phone in my humble opinion, very much data first and handset second, with alot of the menus not overly simple.

Blackberry is pretty much along the lines of the old style Nokia for basic functions, common sense and simple steps, with all the gucci stuff added on.

Also with Orange, they offer a next day replacement and backing up, switching handsets is so easy a techno spastic like myself can do it.