Blackadder Goes Forth

#1
Does anyone know if the band/march past at the start of Blackadder Goes Forth,was provided by serving soldiers?

Thanks! :D
 
#3
Mountain-Monkey said:
Band of the 3rd Battalion/Royal Anglians (The Pompadours).. according to the credits (you know, the text at the end listing who was involved) :wink:
Yep - I can even get you a date for when it was filmed if you want, an old boss of mine had his first day with the Bn that day.
 
#4
crabby said:
Mountain-Monkey said:
Band of the 3rd Battalion/Royal Anglians (The Pompadours).. according to the credits (you know, the text at the end listing who was involved) :wink:
Yep - I can even get you a date for when it was filmed if you want, an old boss of mine had his first day with the Bn that day.
Thanks chaps!

In my defence, I'd check the credits only my DVD is five thousand miles away.
 
#6
slightly off thread..most haunting ending to the series..battle charge fading to a poppy field. BBC getting it right?
 
#7
datumhead said:
slightly off thread..most haunting ending to the series..battle charge fading to a poppy field. BBC getting it right?
There was a programme a while ago about a Sandringham Coy/Bn that went to fight at Gallipoli and it ended up with it wiped out and all prisoners executed by Turks, the youngest aged 14. That was pretty nasty.

But that ending to Blackadder goes 4th always gives me a lump in my throat
 
#8
crabby said:
datumhead said:
slightly off thread..most haunting ending to the series..battle charge fading to a poppy field. BBC getting it right?
There was a programme a while ago about a Sandringham Coy/Bn that went to fight at Gallipoli and it ended up with it wiped out and all prisoners executed by Turks, the youngest aged 14. That was pretty nasty.

But that ending to Blackadder goes 4th always gives me a lump in my throat
Think it starred David Jason

Black Adder 4 ending best ever
 
#9
Steelback said:
I believe the filming took place in Cavalry Bks, Colchester & included the Corps of Drums from 5 Royal Anglian.
Which Corps of Drums also starred in the last (1990-ish?) version of The Four Feathers. Film was panned, but Drummers put TA first aid training to good use when a hose bolted the a bunch of extras.
 
#10
datumhead said:
slightly off thread..most haunting ending to the series..battle charge fading to a poppy field. BBC getting it right?
I think it was first broadcast on Remembrance Sunday 1987. I remember thinking "Damn, what an ending." Definately brought a lump to the throat.
 

Mr Happy

LE
Moderator
#11
The Sandringham thing was starring David Jason (Delboy) and was a particularly nasty show.

The Black Adder filming was at Cav Barracks, opposite the RMP shop at Colchester.

Both shows left a lump in my throat.

Anyone any news of Black Adder 5? I'm assuming a 60's era thing though there is always WW2
 
#12
There was a radio 4 programme about the making of black adder .The
actors were quite choked up about the ending actually had a discusion if it was in good taste or not . Shot the final scene lots of bangs very emotional as luvvies get .Some ******** wanted another take was told definatly they weren't doing it again . Think it works very well.
 
#13
Blackadder 4... best damn WWI documentary ever produced.
 
#14
crabby said:
There was a programme a while ago about a Sandringham Coy/Bn that went to fight at Gallipoli and it ended up with it wiped out and all prisoners executed by Turks, the youngest aged 14. That was pretty nasty.
All the Kings Men

Try and get hold of the book, goes into a lot more depth on the unit in question :)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top