Blackadder Goes Forth Re-cut Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by The_Light_IT_Consultant, Jan 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :numberone: [video width=250 height=200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1XEor0PvA[/video]

Hope this works otherwise the link is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1XEor0PvA

The brother of a colleague made this by cutting Blackadder Goes Forth into a trailer for an epic movie. Quite brilliant and quite moving!

2. Thanks for the link mate great clip

3. Thanks for the link.

I always feel a little bit sad on seeing them go over the top. Strange that a well known comedy series could provoke serious feeling about the Great War at the same time.

fastmedic

4. The ending to Goes Forth was a superb ending to the series and very thought evoking.

5. Gifted editing... outclasses most on YouTube... or better known as "YOU TUBES!"

6. Amazing bit of editing, changed the meaning completley.

Loved every minute of that series.

7. Brings a lump to my throat, a tear to my eye and a thought in my mind that, perhaps, a hidden and deeper message was hidden inbetween the comedy and frivolity of Baldricks stench lay in the series.

Well done on a good and thought provoking job.

8. remember wathching the last episode in Gulf War 1 room full of big blokes all of us had a bit of grit in our eye, from comedy to silence in seconds. Why didnt it get more awards?

9. One of the better offerings on Youtube. Well done!

10. 1stgulfmac
    Blackadder wasn't that well liked by the critics at the time. It was only after a while they really came to appreciate how damn fine it really was.

CUNNING, the Bladder program guide mentions the critics disinterest although even some of them had a tear after the chaps went over the top.

11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

That is absolute class Light, great editing!!

12. Couldnt have said it better myself now where are the kleenex??

13. Wow, that hit me. The final 'over the top' scene was suddenly touching because we knew and loved the characters and didn't expect them to die. But they, and so did 9 million others. Isn't losing someone really like that?

Excellent clip, thanks.

14. Echo all above. Excellent clip, your friend should make a living from editing (if he doesn't already!)

MB

15. Bloody hell that was good. Whoever made that did some fine work.

Much like the rest of you I find at the end of that series there is a limp in my throat.
    Makes you really think off all the good men we lost.

RIP, we will remember you.

Edd