Black Watch

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by jack-daniels, Jun 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone been to see this play? Read a couple of reviews on it this week and it had a massive thumbs up on all counts. I know that critics in the press are quite arty farty so was wondering if anyone with a squaddie perspective had seen it.
  2. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I can't get tickets for love nor money! Like yourself, all the reviews I've read have been 'two-thumbs up'. Not exactly a squaddie perspective, but written by someone who was embedded with British troops:

In Bed With The Boys From Fife
  3. I have been trying to get rid of a ticket on a different thread (Lonely Hearts :oops: ) and so far no takers, it is for Sat 5 Jul 14h00 performance at the Barbican.

I'll give away the ticket but will gratefully accept a donation to Combat Stress (click on link in my sig block).
  4. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for the offer mate, but alas I'm tied up with the Aldershot Army Show that day.
  5. Yes , this is an excellent play. I hope you are not offended by swear words, because every second one is. Well worth seeing.
  6. See you there then, I'll be in the SSAFA tent!
  7. I had the honour of seeing it in Glasgow in April - an excellent and very moving play - which I believe has the full approval of the Black Watch (or 3 Scots as so many seem to want to break the old Scottish regiment names down to now!). Highly recommend it - it was meant to be a one-off National Theatre of Scotland play and has now toured the world twice and is about to go to America again - how they understand the accents I do not know :?