Black Watch

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by deathknock1ig, Jun 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard that the Black Watch showed their contempt for Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown on his recent visit to N Ireland. Apparently the Bn including all but the some senior ranks did an about turn when Brown appeared on parade and refused to face the scrote.

Apparently Brown's constituancy is part to the home recruiting area for the Black Watch and when asked to lobby on the Regts behalf...... well nuff said..

If this is true all i can say is WELL DONE THE BLACK WATCH!

2. Veterans of the Japanese POW camps did the same thing in the Mall a few years back-the Blair Government (sorry that should read the police) told them they couldn't carry their banners or demonstrate against the visiting PM or whoever because that might be a demonstration of thier democratic rights (sorry that should be incitement to unrest). So they formed up at one spot on the mall and as the VIP approached on old chap gave the command and the old boys did a smart about turn. Apparently to a loud round of applause according to some reports (not the BBC - obviously)

3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Any colateral on this from anyone? TOP performance if it was true....

4. If this is true ...hmm can you imagine the BBC's, LibDems/Tory Party or Daily Mail's joy if this was true? No sign of this 'incident' in the news.

Any proof or B2 upwards source?

5. Do you happen to have a link to this, devexwarrior, since I'd love to be able to officialy quote it in the face of some of the officials I'm sometimes confronted with.

MsG

6. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/100502.stm
    Can't be bothered to google to see if they actually did it or were just threatening. I assume they did.

7. IIRC, this was the visit of the Japanese Emperor Akihito and the worst insult that can befall somebody who thinks he is a god is for somebody to turn their back on him. It was the ongoing case of the Japanese government not paying FEPOWs compensation.

Apologies as I didn't see the link above but my father was a FEPOW and died without receiving proper compensation. Still grips my shite.

8. Fairly sure they did - seem to remember BBC news showing it at the time.