Black Watch play wins 4 awards

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by fairmaidofperth, Mar 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Black Watch

An exceptional production, thoroughly well deserved.

2. I have seen the making of this on the TV, when they had in the audiance lads from the !st of Foot.

I would love to have seen this with the original cast when it first came out, BLOODY good, well worth any and all awards

3. I saw it. Was a very good play with a good mix of humour thrown in at the right places.

4. Me and an ex Black Watch pal of mine tried to go and see it on it's 3rd night of the Edinburgh festival, 3 years ago. Unfortunatly they cancelled it,and we never got it together to go and see it again (although we did manage to half inch a couple of posters).
    Just as well we missed it though,we had about 5 or 6 pints before we were meant to be in. Due to the set design of the play ,once the audience have sat down they are requested not leave,and if they do have to,they are not allowed to return to their seats. I would of lasted about 10 minutes until I had to break the seal,either that or we would of p issed ourselves!
    Finally got to see it on tv when it was on,and I thought it was fantastic. I've mentioned on the best war films thread that this is available on dvd.
    GO AND SEE IT NOW.