Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

black serpant

HC,

You get beasted up and down some hills, conducting Moulages at the end of it (when you're nice and fatigued). Usual individual skill assessments and team assessments. Some sliding down ropes with heavy kit etc, etc. All to be eligible to serve with Med Tp. Day to day routine in Med Tp, quite dull. Lots of Med Cover etc. You might get to go on short-term ops, but I would suggest the thinking Man's P Coy as an alternative i.e. All Arms Commando Course.

does anybody have any info about this course and what is done on it>?
cheers

You pretend your on selection... then when you pass you get the usual north face clothing and a pair of sunglasses with a piece of black card across the front in case anyone takes any photo's of you. Oh and you get to call people by there first name too.

Oh and after all that, if your on standby with MSW it doesn't matter whether youv'e done it one not!

I dont think you get any special pay either.... sorry.

Mate if you are interested in doing black serpant dont ask on this you will end up finding that the people who will answer you have tried and failed the course and it will be because "the DS didnt like me,I would have passed but got injured! etc etc etc" Contact your Regimental training wing for advice your Training WO will advise you on everything you need to know also go onto Dii and look for the DIN that will also give you all the relevant info required for the course. It is a two week training course where you are assesed on all your normal MATT's and undergo medical moulages these are not aimed way above your head they are done by CMT's for CMT's and you need to demonstrate that you can undertake further adavnced medical training. As far as getting Northface etc etc you can also choose RAB or Berghuas or any other cold weather gear that will keep you warm on cold days and nights on the hills.......TIT!:thumright: you will enjoy it and learn a lot if you want to test yourself at role one and or two with UKSF then go for it. You call people by first names to show that it is a classless enviroment! That said it is classless not rankless!! As for kidding on your on selection cheers for that gonkbag it is nothing even close to selection. You can do the AACC if you want to and your unit put you forward same as P Coy either one will stand you in good stead for service with either UKSF/Pathfinders/Commando units/16 AAB

Speak to your CoC, they will put your name down on a list. A few weeks later you will get this through your door, in a plain brown envelope. Once you've reached Prestige level 10 you're ready to apply for the selection course.......good luck!

Attachments

• call-of-duty-black-ops-20100715043914468.jpg
    call-of-duty-black-ops-20100715043914468.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,887