• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Black screen

Somethings gone wrong with my gaming pc, when I switch on all I get is the following message:
"Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device ans press any key"

No Idea what wrong it. (PC's are black magic as far as I'm concerned)

Any suggestions?

R

rogermellie

Hi,
have you got a cd's/dvd rom's in any of your disc drives? If so remove and try again !!
let me know how you get on

Good luck and cheers,

Somethings gone wrong with my gaming pc, when I switch on all I get is the following message:
"Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device ans press any key"

No Idea what wrong it. (PC's are black magic as far as I'm concerned)

Any suggestions?
Try this: Boot up with the Windows CD in the drive, and go to the Recovery Console. At the command prompt, type "Fixboot", then type "Fixmbr", then "Bootcfg /rebuild" all without the quotes.

It's because you are a gamer. Possibly also a spotter.

You may also smell and have no life.
Cheeky Scouse trollop, I do a little gaming on one of those rare occasions when not at work. Also the Coven (Or daughters if you Prefer, though I mostly use evil harridens) like to play games.

Try this: Boot up with the Windows CD in the drive, and go to the Recovery Console. At the command prompt, type "Fixboot", then type "Fixmbr", then "Bootcfg /rebuild" all without the quotes.
Right just need the windows disc.................... it was around here just the other year. I'm sure I saw it when I unpacked it.

Buggered if I know where it is. Though if I find the damn thing I'll try your suggestion.

R

rogermellie

Right on start up try pushing F8 key repeatedly until you get to a boot screen. Then maybe just maybe you will be offered some options use arrow keys to highlight "last known good config that worked" and push enter" .
If that dont work have a look in your bios you can access this by pushing F2 and Delete button alternaltely on start up, have a look in there to see if anything has gone wayward.

Good luck

Cheers

I'll give them a go Roger next week when I get some time and the screaming horde of harpies are at school.

Thanks everyone.....even the sweary lady(as shes called by Middle daughter after leaving my facebook on and she was attracted by pics of Pip. Had to explain that Sluggy was a ruffian soldier type).

R

rogermellie

I'll give them a go Roger next week when I get some time and the screaming horde of harpies are at school.

Thanks everyone.....even the sweary lady(as shes called by Middle daughter after leaving my facebook on and she was attracted by pics of Pip. Had to explain that Sluggy was a ruffian soldier type).
Don't hold back now sinner :? :biggrin:
Let us know how you get on

Cheers,

Wilco, got a friend who is an instrumentation boffin who normally sorts stuff for me. But the selfish bastard keeps going all over the world being put up in 5 * accommadation and having Shitloads of cash thrust at him. Some people eh?

Could something have happened to cause it to try to boot from A drive or maybe a fault with the A drive? Happened to me yonks ago. Can't remember exactly what to do other than needed to reset the boot sequence - D then C then A (CD, then hard drive, then Floppy).

It might have been originally configured in the sequence A, D, C but something could have gone wrong with the A drive recognition. I don't know, it's all mumbo jumbo. I just remember that the machine needed to look in the D and C drives first.

Rogermellie can probably translate what I've just posted...

Hehehe, ruffian. How I larfed. FYI, Pip stinks and I might cut an ear off him tonight, just for shits and giggles.
You do know I have to stop the middle daughter (obsessed with Dags) from phoning the Rspca when you post threats on fb about harming the Dog.

Asks every day for updates on the pirate dog and Jarrods Wolf.

Latest Threads