Black people twice as likely to be charged with drugs possession – report

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by recaprevenge, Aug 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good luck with that RFI.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

well every black male I've ever known has been a stoner so it's a good conclusion.
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the comments, in true grauniad style, are typically hilarious.
  4. "But I don't have no drugs man!"

"What's this little baggy of crack then?"

"But but...oh sheeeit."
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I suppose it depends on the area, I've not got one patient who is black so I can safely assume no black people use drugs.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. True, the fact that previous convictions for a like offence doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

Anyway, what is it with black yoof and drugs, that is so 80s, I thought it was all MAC 10s and Glocks nowadays, in case anyone disses yo bro, innit? Blood Clot Mutha ****er, Move from me! Yo ****ing white Trash!!*

*Translations are available via PM
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Or is it that you haven't understood the story?

It says that of those who have been caught with drugs the blacks are twice as likely to be charged for it than the whites.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I'n scandalized, this would never happen in Kent.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. well glad you came to a forum with opions (although you with cry racsist because of it) but since "Black People" are twice as likely to get pulled over, do you think there are stats to prove that "Black People" are more likely to be found with something
  10. I thought it was the CPS rather than the police who decided whom to charge with what. Therefore it can hardly be as the result of institutional racism (which I severely doubt exists anyway) in the police.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. As this report seems to confirm.
    BBC News - Stop and search 'disproportionately' used by Met police
  12. Nobody should be searched, detained, questioned, interrupted about their business in any way, without reasonable grounds for suspicion. It's just fishing, a lazy police force's way of upping their stats without bothering to go out dealing with people visibly committing actual offences.

Though the politicians are as bad for trimming numbers to the bone and then running everything by statistics in an attempt to prove that things are better than they are.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Going by the "EDL blokes get punched thread" even with offences happening under their noses don't appear to get dealt with.
  14. Not at all, the offence of 'arguing with a copper' appears to be dealt with most vigorously.