black pen or blue pen

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by 7.62mm, Jun 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what one do you use an why???
  2. black ink in a blue sheaffer...

black ink looks tidyer I think
  3. Whichever I can steal from my secretary.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Blue on things that need a signature - easier to spot a photocopy (unless you happen to have a colour copier!)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Both.

I use the black one if I want the squiggles on the white folding stuff to be black and the blue one if I want them to be blue.

I have also been known to use red and green ones as well.
  6. Blue or black demonstrate that you have little ambition. Within a NATO environment, one should aspire to red or green!
  7. Black definately, just looks better.

Thank god I'm not the only one, MrsZippy looks at me like I've got two heads when I say no I need a black pen after she has offered me a blue one.

8. Shouldn't it be purple in this day and age - joined-up metaphorically and literally too hopefully.
  9. ha ha ha I have great ambition... propper self driven so that is bollox :D
  10. Black because it scans better than blue. I think that all official government type forms have to completed in black now anyway (passport app, car tax etc).
  11. Never purple. Too imperial. Seriously, in the wonderful world of NATO HQs, the colour of the ink that you use indicates your rank/position and so those reading a margin note (or whatever) in a paper know who has written it!
  12. Black.

I've never filled in a form that said Use blue ink only.

13. My writing is always neater in blue for some reason. Remember presenting some information to a WOII once in neat blue writing and he sent it back with a bo**ocking 'cos it was not in black.

I believe there is some unwritten law saying official documents should be in black.
  14. Is there some sort of competition for the dullest thread in the Naafi Bar that I should be made aware of?

The pub is open, chaps. I suggest you make use of it.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. ha ha ha ... nice 1 crabtastic :D