Black Nasty

I have today been given the onminous task of rewriting AESP 5430-S-832-5649 which if you recall is the instructions for the use of and authorised uses of Tape Black ( Black Nasty). I have only just started but I was wondering if any arrsers could tell me of their uses of black nasty, if they were not in the previuos publication I will endevour to have them authorised by QMG

We used to use it to avoid having to fill out an FMT3,when coupled with thick lashings of paint it saved a lot of form filling,hope this helps

Black nasty is one of the most indespensible bits of kit around. The Universal fixer of everything. Its main use has to be on webbing though. Excess webbing/daysack straps etc. However, stear clear of the shiny black type of tape which is like a cheap and nasty version of black nasty. The Glue on the tape is s*ite and it shines too much (Not good in the field!) , the tape with the cross-hatch texture is the best quality!. Also great use as comedy side-burns, moustache, goatee etc. Make sure those uses go in the pamphlet! Cheers Easy!!!!

Scruffy-Engineer said:
Stripping off Sprogs Eyebrows
:lol: I walked into the Armoury at RAF Bruggen & the was Jez Davies with a wide strip of the stuff wrapped around his head ,trying to peel it off (he'ed been jumped & taped up!) & in walkes the Chief Tech,Dave Hastings (Last 4 was 1066!!Seriously!) A wee Scotsman with a twisted humour.
Anyway,He grabbed the loose end & ripped it off!! :twisted: Jez had a crew cut after that!

Stopping torch rattling, fixing poncho/bivibag/bergan, fixing drysuit (not in cadets) and many other uses that you can find in my book 1001 uses of black 'n' nasty

If anybody flaked in the SQN bar they used to get black nastied to a chair for a quick eyebrow shaving session. Also as Rhodesian said, its good stuff for bodgeing up any bumps/scrapes with lashings of paint IRR OG/black.

Regards LT.

In Bosnia circa 1995, a certain ex engineer, then SPS warrant officer, famed for his stitch ups on other persons had his come uppance, on his dining out in theatre (two can rule not) he was stripped naked and crucified to a cross using black nasty, a lot of it, when it was gently removed he was seen jumping into the cookhouse sink to soothe his skin, he took it in good faith, didnt stop him winding people up. A few years later at SHAPE he agreed to meet a new arrival at Calais, "how will I recognise you" asks new arrival, "dont worry you will", he turned up dressed as a rabbit..............................top bloke!

:D :D

Ciderman said:
I have today been given the onminous task of rewriting AESP 5430-S-832-5649 which if you recall is the instructions for the use of and authorised uses of Tape Black ( Black Nasty). I have only just started but I was wondering if any arrsers could tell me of their uses of black nasty, if they were not in the previuos publication I will endevour to have them authorised by QMG
surely this must be either the least requested AESP or a wind up. its black and its tape, its used for nearly everything that calls for black sticky tape. is there an AESP for green string or bin bags ?

delberto said:
Ciderman said:
surely this must be either the least requested AESP or a wind up. its black and its tape, its used for nearly everything that calls for black sticky tape. is there an AESP for green string or bin bags ?
Ah, from memory I think green string (NSN: 1420-99-9877604) is under AESP 5430-S-832-5755.

However bin bags are tricky, what colour are you referring to?
:D