Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Black Lives Matter UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, @ExREME.TECH is going to hate this

If you get past that it is a VICE article and actually read the reality, London, England isn't the only London on the planet with a problem that won't go away

OK,

I Googled it for you, but I won't read it for you - and we'll all find out how good your comprehension is shortly....

Definition of "Political" -

political
adjective

UK

/pəˈlɪt.ɪ.kəl/ US

/pəˈlɪt̬.ə.kəl/

B1

relating to politics:

Linky To Read

As they've issues a Political Agenda, one would assume they're political, with political aims...

And please, no more fluttering of the eyelashes and "I do so like fluffy kittens" - we all know you're on a wind up.....

Hugs,

D
So you've Googled the word "political" (well done) but can't explain what is political about BLM.

Perhaps you could give your definition of what 'political' is and people would know how to answer your question? Much as I'm enjoying the circular argument.
People keep saying BLM is political, I'm asking them to explain.

There is absolutely no need for me to explain something I've not said.

People keep saying BLM is political, I'm asking them to explain.

There is absolutely no need for me to explain something I've not said.
@anglo gave a very clear explanation of the points he felt covered that. I thought his post fitted quite neatly into areas I would usually think of as 'political' ie. prisons, national borders, capitalism etc.

You seem to think that doesn't fit the 'political' description which is why I suggested you state clearly what you think 'political' is and everyone can avoid posting at cross-purposes. Of course that would remove a lot of the fun.

@anglo gave a very clear explanation of the points he felt covered that. I thought his post fitted quite neatly into areas I would usually think of as 'political' ie. prisons, national borders, capitalism etc.

You seem to think that doesn't fit the 'political' description which is why I suggested you state clearly what you think 'political' is and everyone can avoid posting at cross-purposes. Of course that would remove a lot of the fun.
He cut and pasted a list of matters with no corroboration and no explanation as to how they explained why BLM is a political cause.

As you know very well.

I'm asking people to explain what they mean. As I've just mentioned, there is no need for me to explain something I've not said.

He cut and pasted a list of matters with no corroboration and no explanation as to how they explained why BLM is a political cause.
That's one interpretation. I saw a list of points that addressed the question you asked. The prison one wasn't one I was aware of but putting 'BLM prisons' turned up a number of articles that corroborated it. This is probably the best example - What We Mean When We Say Abolish Prisons - Rewire News Group - but there were another half a dozen.

Do we not have a duty to help if we can? After all we position RN assets in the Caribbean just in case it get windy and rainy, it’s what we do as a country, it’s no surprise to me that we are the only country in the world with “Great” in it’s name.

After the failings of the past 20 years in COIN operations, we have started to learn. Syria for example.

Helping for example Sudan might stop another terrorist hotbed who wants to attack Europe. Is that a bad thing?

No. We don't. They fucked us off at the high port and said "we will make our own future". They are now making their own future.

All we are doing by giving them aid is teaching them to stand there with their hand out.

Africa is rich in commodities, but it has to learn how to use them, and stand on its own two feet, rather than relying on the begging bowl.

A big boy made him put his knee on his neck for nine or ten minutes,
He didnt - that point was refuted at trial and whilst its still a public and media claim its wrong - like wise putting his hands in his pockets.

The trial also despite media insistance to the contrary - at no point alleged racism or race was a factor in Chauvins actions

If only there was a few seconds of video evidence.

Theres a lot of video evidence - starting before Chauvins involvement - It shows Floyd was uncooperative agitated confused and in trouble physically from the start**

Theres also the agitated and hostile crowd - Its possible that their actions influenced his decision to keep Floyd pinned in an aggressive manner - freeing up his 3 compatriots for crowd control - we will never truly know -

Its beyond doubt his actions and failures not only contributed to Floyds demise but exacerbated things. I know people point out that he was in the throws of an overdose - but he should have died either lay in the recovery position unrestrained or in the ambulance had Chauvin done his job properly

Im in no doubt Chauvin is guilty of negligence and culpable of Manslaughter - but murder - (in a UK context) no. Nor was it a racist hate crime.

Chauvin was just another poorly lead, trained and educated US law enforcement officer***- to an extent hes been thrown under the bus not to prevent riots in case of a wrong verdict but to deflect from the whole system and its failings. Note the we dont use this system of restraint, statements and conflicting training manuals that indicate it stopped post Floyd and has been worded to imply pre floyd.

**Which only emphasises Chauvins failure when he arrives on seen

***He may also have been a bully and a thug - poor screening of candidates - but thats unclear - he had previous complaints - but where they justified or mischief

Status
Not open for further replies.