Black Lives Matter UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, that's made me think.

I can't remember the last laugh-out-loud advert I saw. It's all multiracial families now.
Reckon you'd see an ad like this now?

It'd be "she's a white (actually mixed race but hey) woman giivng a black man instructions" "her dress is sexist" etc etc ad nauseam

Middle class neo-Puritanism is a large part of this. No fun for the plebs!

Reckon you'd see an ad like this now?

It'd be "she's a white (actually mixed race but hey) woman giivng a black man instructions" "her dress is sexist" etc etc ad nauseam

Middle class neo-Puritanism is a large part of this. No fun for the plebs!

Also it's racist as it plays to stereotypes about black men being able to run fast, and is sexist because the lady is wearing a pink dress and in a servile role

It would never get commissioned now

Have you tried saying “beer can” without it sounding like a West Indian cricket commentator saying “bacon”:???:

I can't stop saying Clovelly in a welsh accent, even though I know it's in north Devon

pron: Clo-Velllll-li

1624452259196.png

Me ... Born in London (Whitechapel)
Dragged up as a kid in Wiltshire
Early teens in Kent
Later teens until 12 years ago East London .
Now in Norfolk/Suffolk
My accent is all over the place for some strange reason .

I'm similar, born S. wales, brief spell in Kingston on Thames, 3 years in rural Shropshire, back to S. Wales for Grammar school. 3 years central Africa, London, 2 years Glasgow, back to London & S. East. 3 years in Hampshire. Several years in N. West (Blackburn, Warrington & Manchester). Several years in Henley on Thames, 6 years in Morocco, Now in Bedfordshire.
Hence I mimic accents very quickly and was on my return from Scotland was often mistaken to be Scottish. Often people hear the odd word/expression of a west country burr, picked up from living with my Somerset born Grandmother when in S. Wales!

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Which/who's pre para? (to call the 5 mile of death an arduous course its quite frankly ridiculous.)
Even the ACC could manage a full 8 mile CFT!

Which/who's pre para? (to call the 5 mile of death an arduous course its quite frankly ridiculous.)

Are you worried that the RAF's Steely-eyed bringers of death, body-armour-self-harm and hotel reviews can stand toe-to-toe with Para's and Marines?

Jealously is an ugly trait

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Are you worried that the RAF's Steely-eyed bringers of death, body-armour-self-harm and hotel reviews can stand toe-to-toe with Para's and Marines?

Jealously is an ugly trait

heel to toe,

and bent over something

Even the ACC could manage a full 8 mile CFT!

One struggled on my RAOC RPC2 course (LCpl tp Cpl cadre) that we did in '92 before the amalgamation to test it all out.

The Chef instructor was out of his depth and the three chefs we had, were frankly, to used to the kitchen and didn't fare well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads