Black Lives Matter UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awol

LE
When you read it or have the benefit of listening to native speakers you pick up on things.

Tis amusing to see the many variations of “English”
If you correctly picked up all the British colloquialisms that you see on Arrse, your neighbours wouldn’t understand a word of what you said, and that’s before we got into your Welsh heritage.

But, credit where it’s due.....it’s a good start mucker.... :)

If you correctly picked up all the British colloquialisms that you see on Arrse, your neighbours wouldn’t understand a word of what you said, and that’s before we got into your Welsh heritage.

But, credit where it’s due.....it’s a good start mucker.... :)
My neighborhood is a diverse place for what amounts to BFN. I have an Aussie lady who lives a few streets over, who I yap with when she is walking “Duke”. My neighbors to the East of me came from Atlanta and the dad is from Maine. The neighbors to the West of me hail from Illinois. We have a few Brits and Saffers who have also made the jump and are scattered around town.p

But hey the one term that is universal is “Beer” and thank Christ for that. I can’t begin to tell you how maddening it is to have to know three terms to describe a soda. But I can manage “Cuppa” two sugars in refined company. But you lot could be more specific with “pudding” as that can describe any of the wonderful dessert creations that you have. I had a former member of the RAF who originally hailed from Wales as a care provider in the younger days. So it isn’t as hard to connect the dots...For some reason I don’t mind beans on toast or Pdwin Eva either.

So less outrage from sections of this website, because it was a Nazi salute? or more? Comparing the two is bad form, using that salute and what they did to millions of people is bad drills, did you loose uncles, aunties? I did, hence my objection.

**** but you are being a titweasel

It was not compared to a Nazi salute

The Nazi salute and swazstika were used as examples of images for ever tainted by their association with a particular group

It was not a comparison - it was another example to illustrate the point - The faux outrage to win arguments doesnt work here nor will the standard follow on tactic - all those who dissgree with the faux outrage are racist.

You may have missunderstood the point at 1st but when its explained to you that you missunderstood and you insist on ignoring that and telling people what they think that shows you up to be an intellectually dishonest weasel of a man.

Imagine I was to write
Still what do we expect from someone who says cancer is not a real disease

You would quite correctly deny you ever saying this and say you made a joke about cancer

To which if I replied -- Exactly you said cancer isnt a real disease - i have friends who died of cancer and so if i say you said cancer isnt a real disease you said it.

you would be forced to again say No I know cancers real i made a dumb joke

and thus i would respond - So you said cancer isnt a real disease and you think anyone with its faking

Whilst i think the whole cancer tinman himmler sagga is dullardry of the highest order and am loathe to mention it - the above hypothetical conversations path is a reasonable analogy for the past dozen pages of people giving examples of how symbology can be forever tainted - and you saying they called BLM Nazis

Can you see now how puerile your argument is - I will accept it was a valid point, honest confusion happens until people clarified what was meant - after that to effectively say everyone is lying about what they meant and you know they meant what you say they meant - well quite frankly its a low dishonest and odious gambit and as a result i find you diminishing yourself in my eyes.

It seems if as long as those of non white skins (myself included), bow the bead, accept the bigotry everything is ok, living in France as you do you should be more aware of it, having the army patrol the streets because of well racist behaviours.
As someone who a) defends Israel b) challenges holocaust denial and C)* has hit the report button when I see something I consider racist - you can shove your Im Jewish and so you cannot dissagree with me for repeatedly and willfully twisting what was said in order to ignore the point being made by calling every one anti semetic racists and so win the argument- right up youre arse.

Nobody has asjked anybody to accept bigotry**
*You can add
D) was the only English accent in an Irish school - Brit bastard is not a complement im well aware of how discrimination works

E) was harrangued at length by a Nigerian worker for being English and why were the scum of the earth, of course that is either justified racism because im white and the slave trade or not racism because France is a mostly white country

The French military were not on the street as a result of racism but of religious extremism - people werent killed because of their skin colour . Religious and sectarian fuckwitterry not racism.

** Although you could argue that as only white people are racist and black people cant be racist / white people cant be victims of racism - are opinions that are mainstream and acceptable to voice - then white people are being told to accept bigotry against them.

Whilst the left denies the issue no one expects the Jews to shut up about Labours confusing of Palestinian rights and objections to Israeli actions and outright antisemitism

England is a amazing lace to line and grow up in, I’ve fought mainly labours wars, I come home and find it amazing, yet the version people perma sen on here is not what I see, experience, if taking the kneel by a football team prevents one death in all for it, sad to say some on here keep a score chart, enjoying it at the same time.

I am sick and tired of faux racism on this site, several People think it’s edgy and cool, or they deserve it, which is why it will never change.

There is no faux racism - you seem to have mmissunder stood the word faux here

Theres people who think their clever with use of gibsons but a) not faux racism b) Moderators take a dim view - Its almost as if despite your tortured efforts to ignore facts , twist arguments and play the victim - that racism isnt tolerated here at all.

white middle aged men of a certain leaning are the biggest problem,

Oh look white men boo hisss -
When the its all white mens fault types aims and expunged white men from history and society - who the hell are they going to blame for all anything they dont like

Last edited:
Did I compare them with a hitler salute? I mean I’ve had many messages about black Jews, all in jest apparently

Did you report them ?
Edit
Worried about backlash if so PM me - I will report them - Im more than happy to take any and all abuse that were to follow me reporting racist abuse

A poster compared taking the knee to supporting Hitler,

No they did not

And now youre really going full retard - weve gone from compared it to the nazi salute to compared it to supporting hitler.

Whats next because youre just one small step now from if you disagree with this gesture you supported the holocaust

Last edited:

Awol

LE
My neighborhood is a diverse place for what amounts to BFN. I have an Aussie lady who lives a few streets over, who I yap with when she is walking “Duke”. My neighbors to the East of me came from Atlanta and the dad is from Maine. The neighbors to the West of me hail from Illinois. We have a few Brits and Saffers who have also made the jump and are scattered around town.p

But hey the one term that is universal is “Beer” and thank Christ for that. I can’t begin to tell you how maddening it is to have to know three terms to describe a soda. But I can manage “Cuppa” two sugars in refined company. But you lot could be more specific with “pudding” as that can describe any of the wonderful dessert creations that you have. I had a former member of the RAF who originally hailed from Wales as a care provider in the younger days. So it isn’t as hard to connect the dots...For some reason I don’t mind beans on toast or Pdwin Eva either.

Pdwin Eva? Just as you start to get the hang of proper English, you bugger up Welsh. It’s Pwdin Eva, not Pdwin Eva you language criminal.

Warning..... thread drift..... By the way, Maine. I spent the summer of 1991 there on a summer camp teaching the youth of America carpentry or ‘shop’ as you chaps insisted on calling it. Of course, to us a shop is where one purchases items. You would call this a ‘store’. We would call that a ‘warehouse’ and so it continues.... But nevertheless, that summer in Maine was among the top three of my life.

A couple of times a week I used to run along the adjacent lake shore for a couple of miles, turn around and run back. On one particular early morning I started off just after sunrise and it was truly magical. The sun had just risen, and being, I think, August, it was going to be another hot day. The things that I can still vividly remember are the smell of sap from the pine trees and the sunlight flickering through the dark shadows of the forest as the day began to warm up. I was intending to go further that day, but an evil hound darted out of the only house on the route and I bottled it (ran away). Nevertheless a great memory and I can still smell that sap to this day.

Although the Camp was in Maine, as is the nature of these things, everyone, both kids and counsellors came from all over the USA, although mostly from the North East, so I met many different Americans (and others from all corners of the world).

I loved it, I really loved it and tried to do it again a few years ago. That camp had changed beyond recognition after the owner (a 45 year old burnt to a crisp every summer, Elvis lookalike, suddenly died of skin cancer the year following my visit. RIP Bob.) and the place, which had been family owned since 1929 had been taken over by a massive national company. More than that though, Camp America who had provided flights and visas, plus pocket money ($50 per week) were now charging a couple of thousand dollars to offer applicants positions there, plus they would have to fund their own visas/flights. It had become pointless and I didn’t bother.

Talking of the English language try and read Bill Bryson’s ‘Mother Tongue’. It is exquisitely researched and well worth a read. A lot of Americanisms are actually old English (sidewalk etc) taken over to you chaps in the Mayflower era, and forgotten about by us here. Also the amount that Shakespeare produced and is still in common parlance is incredible and it’s not just the obvious stuff (slings and arrows of outrageous fortune etc), but also it’s individual words that fill the language that you would never guess were Shakespearean. Well worth a read.

Well today has been fun.
We have seen posters say the BLM taking the knee and Nazi salute are comparable as they each represent a specific political mindset (imho they do)
For clarity - there was no comparison between taking the knee and the nazi salute - nor between BLM and Nazis - except by Himmler who seems to have decided to go all Owen Jones and so everything is now about him being Jewish .

What there was, was an attempt to explain with a well known example how a symbol can become tainted by a negative image and will all ways be so associated regardless of the intent.

So regardless of what taking the knee means its always going to be associated with violent thugs.

Heres the bit that so confuses Himmler - See the Swaztika and right arm salute - no matter the origin or intent of the symbol they are inextricably associated with the Nazis.
People will not accept another context for their use - the same has happenned with taking the knee - its percieved now as a political gesture by many.

In what universe is that comparing BLM to nazis.

But because everyones asked for it - I will give a fair comparison of both BLM and nazi supporters actions.
In 1930s Germany if you didnt do the correct salute you faced violence on the streets by bands of (white) thugs chanting slogans
in 2020 US if you didnt do the correct salute** you faced violence in the streets oh and resteraunts where you were eating as bands of (mostly white) thugs broke in chanting slogans

Now theres an actual comparison of similar behaviours regarding the various salutes and a valid one - of course i expect the comparison to be dismissed by someone who will ignore the context of that comparison and go on about the other things the Nazi regime did later -because whilst not relavant to the point being made - they do allowit to be ignored by use of outrage

**By and large the black power salute - not taking the knee although it seems to have become confused in social memmory

Last edited:
You need a City and Guilds levels 2 and 3 in bricklaying, plus excellent hand and eye co ordination, and patience
its a very skilled job
not something you can learn with multiple choice at a 2nd rate Uni
Good money laying bricks in Western Australia these days, I've read of A$5 per brick.

Oh look white men boo hisss -
When the its all white mens fault types aims and expunged white men from history and society - who the hell are they going to blame for all anything they dont like

What I love about this entire debate, and @Bravo_Bravo hurling racist abuse earlier, is that they're automatically assuming the skin colour of the poster based on their views (which is a racist action in itself, isn't it?).
As far as I know ARRSE doesn't collect equal opportunities monitoring information, and thus there is no public way for posters to know about the identity of the poster.

Some might suggest a balance of probabilities answer, however, that's less safe then you'd expect, as the British Army encompasses a high proportion of Commonwealth soldiers which would lead to a rise in the diversity figures over the general populace.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I see @Himmler74 is being a nasty little squealer again, spreading falsehoods and libel because he can't win an argument on the internet.

By now even the RAF Regt must be embarrassed by you, you sad little loser. What's next, are you going to make up another terminal ailment?
@Himmler74 .

Add to that he then complains when a personal attack is made on him.
Introduce "Have you ever served"? (The ARRSE racist card?)
Suddenly it's all about "whit" (sic) and banter.
Next it will be "You can't take a joke, it was a wind up".

He(?) is a proven liar and possibly a fantasist (We know a name for that don't we children.)

His mangling of the English language suggests he would not pass the RAF Regt. entry exam.
I reason he is/was Household Cavalry.
It would explain his attitude; it would make anyone miserable having a 15 stone trooper sat on them all day.

(Perhaps most annoying he used "a myriad"; it's myriad , the "a" is superfluous.)

Just to clarify, you're saying that anyone who disagrees with you is, quite literally, Hitler?

Maple will be furious that someone has stolen his idea.

No different to a gobby Irish pop singer who resides in Monaco to avoid paying taxes telling the UK tax payer how to spend their tax momey.

Who's this? It's not Geldof, he doesn't reside there. Bono, the other Irish gob-shiter lives in the US

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Feel free to have your opinion.

Just as Americans think Biden isn’t legit other Americans said the same about Trump.

How exactly will you target black lives matter people if things get interesting?
Perhaps the wrong word to use when speaking to Americans?

Fat POM

War Hero
My,my. The Internet appears to have a bit of a Monday morning feeling..

I see our friend has awoken older but no wiser.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
the black power salute
Ah, the Black Power salute, all in all the same as a Nazi salute but with a clenched fist instead of a hand outstretched.
1623657121411.png

Even Hamilton gave it a bash!
1623657155020.png

Status
Not open for further replies.