Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Lives Matter - Foreign election meddling?

Let's have a look...

Take yourself over to BL:M and "donate" like any other unwitting donor on earth

You get redirected to

Who are ActBlue?

ActBlue is a nonprofit technology organization established in June 2004 that enables Democrats, progressive groups, and nonprofits to raise money on the Internet by providing them with online fundraising software. Its stated mission is to "empower small-dollar donors".[1]

Several records for the year of 2020 were broken in the week following the Killing of George Floyd, with over $19 million raised on May 31st, the highest so far that year. On June 1st, that yearly record was again broken with $20 million in donations. Over half of donations in the week following killing went to charitable (non-political) causes, including one ActBlue page devoted to a bail fund which raised over $1.5 million dollars from over 20,000 donors.[9] The Daily Beast notes that between January and mid-July 2019, ActBlue brought in $420 million, and that "According to the organization, that total came from 3.3 million unique donors and was dispersed to almost 9,000 Democratic campaigns and organizations, with $246 million coming in the second quarter alone."[10]

In the 2018 midterms elections, ActBlue raised $1.6 billion for Democratic candidates.[11] According to FEC data, from January 2017 to October 2018 Beto O’Rourke had raised $45m through ActBlue for his run against Ted Cruz, 48% of which came from outside Texas.[12] In 2019, ActBlue raised roughly $1 billion for a wide variety of campaigns.[13]

Source: ActBlue - Wikipedia

ActBlue, of course, have to declare expenditures, We can see they provide services for other Democrat and progressive campaigns to take payments globally, but where does their money go?

Source: ActBlue Expenditures | OpenSecrets

Interesting fine print:

Political contributions are governed by campaign finance laws. ActBlue makes its best efforts to ensure that all contributions made on the ActBlue site are in accordance with these laws. Nonetheless, you have final responsibility for ensuring your own compliance.
For example: ActBlue will not permit users to make donations larger than $2,800 to any federal candidate. However, ActBlue does not track users' contributions through other avenues (e.g. fundraisers, candidates' websites). Therefore you (and not ActBlue) are responsible for ensuring that your total contributions through these different avenues do not exceed your contribution limits. If you are in a position to make these kinds of large contributions, please be careful and don't give these campaigns' accountants any more headaches than they already have.

Source: ActBlue — fineprint

So my first point, we quite often hear the media harping on about "election meddling" by foreign actors, Why shouldn't this be any different, I mean they like to call it fairness.

I mean, If I could donate £500 towards BLM and unwittingly end up giving money to Biden's campaign, Surely that is a UK resident meddling in US politics, right?

The second point, What if this is happening here, ie Labour backed UK Non-profits bringing money via third parties and funneling it into political parties and dare I say, Using a tragedy to fund political campaigns globally, as we have seen happen here.

Is this the new playbook for radicals and progressives, Is this subversion of our democracies?

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
So you can see where the money goes, but where is the gen on who the donors are ?

So you can see where the money goes, but where is the gen on who the donors are ?

I'm not sure, I imagine there has to be some record.
Anybody can donate, from anywhere on earth.
Two ways to find out, Hack them, or investigate them, there will be a digital trail, you have to pay with cards and Paypal, all of which can be dealt with legally.
Either way, it needs exposure, I'm just a messenger.

Rab_C

War Hero
Are they just not host to allow smaller organisations to collect, they may well have paid out as you list but the way I read it they just act as a middle man and pass on the funds to requisite organisations. And if you’re surprised that a democrat supporting organisation is behind BLM then I want to see your tinfoil hat.

ABNredleg

War Hero
Let's have a look...

You get redirected to

Who are ActBlue?

ActBlue, of course, have to declare expenditures, We can see they provide services for other Democrat and progressive campaigns to take payments globally, but where does their money go?

Interesting fine print:

So my first point, we quite often hear the media harping on about "election meddling" by foreign actors, Why shouldn't this be any different, I mean they like to call it fairness.

I mean, If I could donate £500 towards BLM and unwittingly end up giving money to Biden's campaign, Surely that is a UK resident meddling in US politics, right?

The second point, What if this is happening here, ie Labour backed UK Non-profits bringing money via third parties and funneling it into political parties and dare I say, Using a tragedy to fund political campaigns globally, as we have seen happen here.

Is this the new playbook for radicals and progressives, Is this subversion of our democracies?
No - your money goes to the person you designate, so it would only go to Biden if you designate him as the beneficiary. ActBlue is just a clearinghouse, much like eBay, and fund their operations through service fees. Political donations are heavily regulated and monitored in the US, and if someone from the UK was to donate to a campaign then the campaign’s audit process would pick it up and return it.

No - your money goes to the person you designate, so it would only go to Biden if you designate him as the beneficiary. ActBlue is just a clearinghouse, much like eBay, and fund their operations through service fees. Political donations are heavily regulated and monitored in the US, and if someone from the UK was to donate to a campaign then the campaign’s audit process would pick it up and return it.

Well, we will soon see if I get some money back ;)

Are they just not host to allow smaller organisations to collect, they may well have paid out as you list but the way I read it they just act as a middle man and pass on the funds to requisite organisations. And if you’re surprised that a democrat supporting organisation is behind BLM then I want to see your tinfoil hat.

I am well aware, It's the foreign funding I'm on about, They just made a local event go global and are collecting money from it, or is that not happening and I need to adjust the tinfoil, PMSL.

Foreign money is foreign money, The Democrats and media say it's bad when they accuse others of it.

Don't tell the Hon Member for Paisley and Renfrewshire South that; the thought that she commits a micro-aggression every time she signs her name will be just too much for her to bear...

Hairy Mhairi of colour?

Or is it cultural appropriation? Bet she blames her dad.

Let's have a look...

You get redirected to

Who are ActBlue?

Interesting fine print:

Doesn't Soros and the likes of China and Iran donate enough to them?.

ABNredleg

War Hero

I am well aware, It's the foreign funding I'm on about, They just made a local event go global and are collecting money from it, or is that not happening and

I am well aware, It's the foreign funding I'm on about, They just made a local event go global and are collecting money from it, or is that not happening and I need to adjust the tinfoil, PMSL.

Foreign money is foreign money, The Democrats and media say it's bad when they accuse others of it.
You are failing to distinguish between political and non-political donations. Foreigners contributing to US politicians is illegal- foreigners contributing to US non-profit advocacy groups is OK. You won’t get your money back because you didn’t make a direct political donation.

Let's have a look...

You get redirected to

Who are ActBlue?

Interesting fine print:

BLM seem to fund quite a few White folks.

Every time you use the word "black", you commit a micro-aggression.

Now, think on.
Reminds me of this (spoof) by a pretend Wokester.
_20200609_171620.JPG

Black Lives Matter UK (BLMUK) is a coalition of black activists and organisers across the UK. We’ve been organising since 2016 for justice in our communities.

We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world. We build deep relationships across the diaspora and strategise to challenge the rise of the authoritarian right-wing across the world, from Brazil to Britain.

£772,724

Wow, I bet that will buy some political clout and cans of spray paint to organize vandalism and disorder

At least now we know who they are and who is affiliating themselves with them.

Notice how it's "right wing" or in other words, conservatives.

Makes me think about this old chestnut...

terrorism
The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.

terrorism
The calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.

Yup