Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Forest ham and other Lidl bargains.

wheel

LE
Only costs you 50 quid a week on dogfood and vet's bills.......
Touch wood he has not required any vet treatment yet but he is now 8 years old and his insurance is £32 a month, But the joy of working him is worth it. Might just get a young rescue lurcher soon to work with him. Oh he eats all the bits of rabbits that I don't want nothing is wasted.

We do not eat rabbit in the UK even though its plentiful. On the continent its normal.
No surprise really since myxomatosis. Sick animals with their eyes turned to running sores.
Killed more than a few and wouldn't feed them to the dogs.
Still once shot and skinned and cleaned who can tell!!!

Enjoy.

wheel

LE
No surprise really since myxomatosis. Sick animals with their eyes turned to running sores.
Killed more than a few and wouldn't feed them to the dogs.
Still once shot and skinned and cleaned who can tell!!!

Enjoy.
My hound will not touch a rabbit with myxy. He must sense there is a problem. Rabbit Respiratory Disease has killed off more in the last few years than myxy and there is evidence that it has crossed to Hares.
Sorry about thread drift.

My local Lidl had a Belgian beer selection in last week. I can happily report they were excellent but I have now run out and they don't have any more in stock. Bugger.

Low and slow definitely.
Just add wine, water, shallots, potatoes (quartered), sage or thyme, olive oil and a lemon (halved).
Improved only by doing it in a wood-fired oven.
Serve with lots of sourdough bread made earlier in the same oven.

Back on Thread - I will give another nudge for the Hatherwood range of beers (Nos 1-5) all truly very good and for the ridiculous price of £1.09 per 500ml bottle.
Don't know how they do it.
Highly recommend you try one of each for a paltry £5.45
When there were plenty about in Wiltshire I struggled to give them away (5 or 10) a week people thought they were doing me a favour to take them peeled and empty.
So few about this year I have mostly let them be.

Low and slow definitely.
Just add wine, water, shallots, potatoes (quartered), sage or thyme, olive oil and a lemon (halved).
Improved only by doing it in a wood-fired oven.
Serve with lots of sourdough bread made earlier in the same oven.
Stifado?

(ADDED: f'nar, f'nar, 'cos I'm of a certain age) ;P

Stifado?

(ADDED: f'nar, f'nar, 'cos I'm of a certain age) ;P

Absolutely stifado, a glorious dish.

Thing is..... we come back from these balmy, Mediterranean relaxation+ fooood + fuckfest and then try and recreate it here.

It does not work.

We can try, get an approximation but ...

it aint the Med

Christmas starter sorted...... lobster, will serve with a salad and a sourdough stick.

Same thing, Lidl £7, Aldi, £6.50, Iceland £6.

Just enough for 2, then boil up the shell with some veg to make a stock for a prawn risotto on Boxing Day.

Christmas starter sorted...... lobster, will serve with a salad and a sourdough stick.

Just enough for 2, then boil up the shell with some veg to make a stock for a prawn risotto on Boxing Day.
Your house is going to fxxking stink like the Birds Block!

For anyone that likes smoked meats I discovered smoked chicken legs in Tesco in the Morlini Polish meats section. Admittedly it tends to be in the superstores rather than the smaller ones.

A very good size leg and thigh/chicken quarter, vacuum packed at £1.53 which I thought a good price it is delicious.

Either in a chicken sandwich, in a chicken salad, or even just by itself. To my mind as good as if not tastier than smoked salmon.

Would that be some sort of bisque, or a son of a bisque?

I'm here until tomorrow - try the veal...

For anyone that likes smoked meats I discovered smoked chicken legs in Tesco in the Morlini Polish meats section. Admittedly it tends to be in the superstores rather than the smaller ones.

A very good size leg and thigh/chicken quarter, vacuum packed at £1.53 which I thought a good price it is delicious.

Either in a chicken sandwich, in a chicken salad, or even just by itself. To my mind as good as if not tastier than smoked salmon.

Do you know if the meats are physically smoked or just painted with smoke flavouring, like most processed meats?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

When you say lobster, have you seen the size of the bloody things, more like a prawn on steroids.

Latest Threads