Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Forest ham and other Lidl bargains.

TamH70

MIA

Kirkz

LE
I looked online for some fresh rabbits. Eight quid a pop for a single coney? WTAF?
Really? I don't think I've ever bought one TBH.
Most of the ones I get are either off a mate at work who uses ferrets or road kill.

TamH70

MIA
Low and slow in a stew or confit is the way to go.
Low and slow definitely.
Just add wine, water, shallots, potatoes (quartered), sage or thyme, olive oil and a lemon (halved).
Improved only by doing it in a wood-fired oven.
Serve with lots of sourdough bread made earlier in the same oven.

Back on Thread - I will give another nudge for the Hatherwood range of beers (Nos 1-5) all truly very good and for the ridiculous price of £1.09 per 500ml bottle.
Don't know how they do it.
Highly recommend you try one of each for a paltry £5.45

That wouldn't surprise me, a few years back they were £6.50 in the local butcher. I shoot my own.
I say chap, that's dashing unsporting.........shooting your own rabbits. Isn't the fun in the hunt, what what!!!!

Low and slow definitely.
Just add wine, water, shallots, potatoes (quartered), sage or thyme, olive oil and a lemon (halved).
Improved only by doing it in a wood-fired oven.
Serve with lots of sourdough bread made earlier in the same oven.

Back on Thread - I will give another nudge for the Hatherwood range of beers (Nos 1-5) all truly very good and for the ridiculous price of £1.09 per 500ml bottle.
Don't know how they do it.
Highly recommend you try one of each for a paltry £5.45

You just made me hungry! Agree with you about the Hatherwoods, very good.

I say chap, that's dashing unsporting.........shooting your own rabbits. Isn't the fun in the hunt, what what!!!!

But I have built them a miniature Tin City out of boxes that they can hop in and out of the buildings for cover? All in all I think it's fairly even.

I have put some carrots by the water fountain in the town square though.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Better off from a decent local butcher, nice, hot, fresh.
I do like a good quality pork pie that’s been in the oven and the jelly is melted, that served with chips is a very nice treat.
Obviouslyone can not have this delicacy to often otherwise you would resemble michellin man but accompanied with HP sauce and some nice bread is definitely a winner.

If anyone has one of these near them they’re great.
Loads of Waitrose, M&S, McDonald’s and others use them to get rid of excess stock.
I got a full beef fillet from Waitrose for £20.
Just go round the back of M&S and have a rummage.
IMG_20181220_120621_zpsglsnwjby.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Beef and pork was usual. Chicken not so often. Pheasants often as an uncle used to rear them for shooting. Rabbit now and then, occasionally pigeon.
We used to eat quite a bit of pigeon too as quite a few local lads bred them for racing and culled them on a regular basis.

I do like a good quality pork pie that’s been in the oven and the jelly is melted, that served with chips is a very nice treat.
Obviouslyone can not have this delicacy to often otherwise you would resemble michellin man but accompanied with HP sauce and some nice bread is definitely a winner.

60 years ago, if any of my aunties got the train down to Cardiff, shopping, they had to bring me back a Marksies pork pie and a bag of Chipstix........ lush.

Latest Threads