Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Forest ham and other Lidl bargains.

About 3 months ago, I was going to buy several and use them as presents for elderly relatives, by the time I went back to the bucket, they were all gone.

Aldi are selling wagyu steaks . I was tempted at £6ish each
Proper Wagyu or the cross-bred stuff? I'm not a steak person but if it's the real deal I might have to try it just to see what all the fuss is about.

Kirkz

LE
Proper Wagyu or the cross-bred stuff? I'm not a steak person but if it's the real deal I might have to try it just to see what all the fuss is about.
At the price I'd say Cross bred as the real deal is f'ing expensive.

Kirkz

LE
I would be very unlikely to spend that kind of money on a steak, regardless of my financial situation
For £70 I'd want a starter, main course, dessert, cheese & biscuits, coffee and a shag.

Wagu is good beef. Had it a few times when I worked for a living and had an unlimited expense account but I certainly wouldn't pay that sort of money.
If you want a cracking cut of beef, try some of this:
£11.

@Humble Tiller Is Rose Veal available to you down there and what do you think of it as a beef?

Just noticed they have Welsh Wagu too.
I have only seen veal here in Waitrose, and full marks to them for stocking it, i wish it was more common, but the court of public opinion wouldn't have it. This is a great shame as high welfare veal is no different from lamb in terms of the ethics of production.
Personally I love veal and wish it was more widely available.

Latest Threads