Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Forest ham and other Lidl bargains.

Yup - you will get one job out of them.
That could be considered £19.99 well spent.
Take it out again 12 months later and....

Point is , when do you have to spend another £19.99. And another £19.99. And another £19.99 etc

How many £19.99 Chinese electrical tools fill our waste heaps ?

FFS
If your quick, you can still get a half priced meal.. Might cheer you up, you moody fooker

Last edited:
So after a year of sitting in the shed, my petrol strimmer chugged smoke and stopped working. The next day whilst in Lidl saw a battery powered one for £19.99 so grabbed it and have to say fairly impressed with it. Admittedly, only need it for light duty grass trimming around the borders.

Few weeks later, ordered in some replacement fence posts, arris rails etc., to replace a couple of rotted out ones and needing to cut and shape the rails, saw the Lidl Parkside battery powered sabre saw at £19.99, and thought I’ll ‘ave that too. Then a week or two later, was tempted by and got the cordless sabre saw and another battery. Not used them yet, their first outing is tomorrow, could be famous last words but they look as though they’ll be man enough for the jobs I need them for. It’s not as though I’m planning to be a chippie working on building sites. I hadn’t shopped around to compare prices much but a quick shuftie in B&Q didn’t show anything cheaper.
I have many of the Parkside battery tools. I only use them for odd-jobbing, but they’ve all been good and none have failed me. With the sabre saw i found that the Lidl blades were far superior to the B&Q “Erbauer” brand. Although a crudely fashioned piece of wriggly tin would probably be superior the “Erbauer” blades.
I’ve had them between 4 years and six months and none have crapped out yet.

Kirkz

LE

Point is , when do you have to spend another £19.99. And another £19.99. And another £19.99 etc

How many £19.99 Chinese electrical tools fill our waste heaps ?

FFS
I've had a lot more than one job out of mine.
Also have a mate who had pretty much knocked down and rebuilt two houses and he rates Parkside tools too.

My local Lidl have discounted their single malt whiskies. Admittedly not by much (around 18 quid to 16.50) but my Scottish heritage demanded I acquire a bargain.

My local Lidl have discounted their single malt whiskies. Admittedly not by much (around 18 quid to 16.50) but my Scottish heritage demanded I acquire a bargain.

And this whisky shall be hereby judged by the standard of your postings in lets say...60 minutes.
ANything less than pure squiggle and - it's a fail!

And this whisky shall be hereby judged by the standard of your postings in lets say...60 minutes.
ANything less than pure squiggle and - it's a fail!
A fail then, I've had two small glasses to check it's good. I have to go to work tomorrow for the first time in months and it might be a bad idea to turn up hungover :rolleyes:

A fail then, I've had two small glasses to check it's good. I have to go to work tomorrow for the first time in months and it might be a bad idea to turn up hungover :rolleyes:
Why not? The rest of your teacher colleagues must surely have spent the last month in France (all teachers holiday in France) and they are in quarantine.

You'll be right...what you don't realise is...your resistance to alcohol will have grown immensly during those months. Have a couple more...trust me...it'll be fine :)

You'll be right...what you don't realise is...your resistance to alcohol will have grown immensly during those months. Have a couple more...trust me...it'll be fine :)
Hello your imperial purpleship, did our fish headed aquantence leave himself logged in or have you simply possessed his body?

Why not? The rest of your teacher colleagues must surely have spent the last month in France (all teachers holiday in France) and they are in quarantine.
Non monsieur. Les bellends est dans l'Angleterre. Jai knows this parce que l'emails. Mon Francais est mal, n'est pas?

My, what a lovely cape you have. Can anyone else smell sulfur?

I've learnt that one from experience: Go on, it'll only be one more, there will be plenty of time to get your work done early in the morning before management do a supervision tour.

Cut to Ortho slumped behind a desk, a room full of sixth formers doing a past exam paper very quietly and an inspection team that went away and shut the door behind them. I'm not sure I'll get away that with now given this school doesn't have a sixth form ;)

Kirkz

LE
Well then just go and buy Chinese.
I have and will do so again.
I'm a postman not a builder, chippie or even an avid DIYer, if they get me through the jobs I need them to I'm more than happy.

Last edited:
Non monsieur. Les bellends est dans l'Angleterre. Jai knows this parce que l'emails. Mon Francais est mal, n'est pas?

My, what a lovely cape you have. Can anyone else smell sulfur?
Votre Franglais! 10 out of le 10 monsieur, now bog off, vous surely le tete sur l‘ oreiller peur une bonne nuits sleep. Your etudients will appreciate votre Reston’s.

Votre Franglais! 10 out of le 10 monsieur, now bog off, vous surely le tete sur l‘ oreiller peur une bonne nuits sleep. Your etudients will appreciate votre Reston’s.
Non monsieur, les tosspots returner a 3rd Septembre. Je vais aller l'ecole pour ecoute le bosses moaning.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The current Italian promotion (when its gone its gone ) has some nice items - the 99p double portion of Coffee ice cream is very palatable...haven't tried the Pecorino yet , but if previous buy is anything to go buy I'll still be grating it over my Spag bol in December .

Non monsieur, les tosspots returner a 3rd Septembre. Je vais aller l'ecole pour ecoute le bosses moaning.
Enough Franglais, I can hear the steam from Kirkz ears from here. And I live a long way away. It’s going to be fun, and I wish you, and the teaching profession, all the best.
Back to the task at hand...

Enough Franglais, I can hear the steam from Kirkz ears from here. And I live a long way away. It’s going to be fun, and I wish you, and the teaching profession, all the best.
Back to the task at hand...
I hadn't thought of that, an incidental benefit. He nearly shat the bed when I used Dijon mustard instead of Colman's.

Would that be Lidl’s moutarde Dijonnais, which is my go to for a cheese sauce?
Nope, Batt's Dijon Mustard. Their Batt's range is pretty good, the brown sauce and BBQ sauce is just as good in my opinion as HP or other brands. The only letdown is the Worcestershire sauce, I'd rather buy Lea and Perrins (the Sainsburys stuff is also pretty good).

Nope, Batt's Dijon Mustard. Their Batt's range is pretty good, the brown sauce and BBQ sauce is just as good in my opinion as HP or other brands. The only letdown is the Worcestershire sauce, I'd rather buy Lea and Perrins (the Sainsburys stuff is also pretty good).
I used to go to Sainsbury’s for bits I couldn’t get elsewhere. The shop is flipping expensive. The only thing I missed was Sweetex for my coffee. And I found them in Poundland.
Local shops, local markets, Aldi/Lidl and as this is a food thread, that’s it.

Latest Threads