Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Forest ham and other Lidl bargains.

Just went into Lidl today, after about 3 years of selling 18 different types of friggin' ketchup, the other chutnies are back.......... a gloopy green one, full of gherkins and a caramelised onion one.

Burgers with everything slopped on, for tea tonight........

Plus next weekend, 3-5th of July, they're knocking out ground coffee, for £1.49 a packet, a quid off........ it's bloody lovely.

engr172

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I have to thoroughly recommend the caramelised onion sossiges in Lidl. Absolutely marvellous.

Just went into Lidl today, after about 3 years of selling 18 different types of friggin' ketchup, the other chutnies are back.......... a gloopy green one, full of gherkins and a caramelised onion one.

Burgers with everything slopped on, for tea tonight........

Plus next weekend, 3-5th of July, they're knocking out ground coffee, for £1.49 a packet, a quid off........ it's bloody lovely.

You're missing a trick re chutneys. Get to your Saffer emporium and grab some Mrs Balls chutneys. I recommend the chili and tomato ones.

Yay, for those of us with eastern European background, eastern European week is coming up. I'll be getting some pierogis and hams in. Not bad, even when compared with those I get from the Polish shops, though I stay clear of the gherkins, too vinegary.

Boo, what is it with Lidl and their wine suppliers? The other half really likes the Navarra which at £3.99 doesn't break the bank and is fairly quaffable if you're not a wine snob.

But for the last few weeks, nada.

Kirkz

LE
If I'm doing a full fry up on a Sunday and haven't been able to get to the butchers, I'll buy Gammon steaks instead.
Lovely crispy rind on it.
I do sometimes buy Lidl's cooking bacon if I can find some with big lumps in.

I've given up on supermarket bacon, it's pumped full of water and cut thinner than gossamer.

It is what it is.......

It's not for snobs, but for it's type it isn't bad, makes a decent bacon sarnie.

AND ANOTHER THING........

so many people diss fried bread, but I don't cook it in 2 inches of lard........

I'll cook my bacon in a spoonfull of oil, put it in the warm oven, then dip the bread briefly in a smear of oil, either side, then dry fry it until it's brown and crispy..... lovely.

Kirkz

LE
It is what it is.......

It's not for snobs, but for it's type it isn't bad, makes a decent bacon sarnie.

AND ANOTHER THING........

so many people diss fried bread, but I don't cook it in 2 inches of lard........

I'll cook my bacon in a spoonfull of oil, put it in the warm oven, then dip the bread briefly in a smear of oil, either side, then dry fry it until it's brown and crispy..... lovely.
I'd rather have a piece of toast tbh.

Kirkz

LE
Always go for the dry cure that way you are not paying for water.
I get it from my local butcher, it's cut to a thickness I ask for and it isn't full of water.

Latest Threads