Black Forest ham and other Lidl bargains.

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

Went to buy some Stella to go with a ruby. £5.90 in Sainsbury’s Local (for the pint cans). £5.20 in LIDL.

LIDL also sell a Stella knock-off called Galereux at £2.67 for 4x440ml cans. Same strength, both brewed in U.K. and the cans are so similar in design it’s spooky. I bought some Stella and some Galereux and I can’t tell the difference.

Given the litigious nature of booze companies like InBev I find it difficult to believe that they are not the same thing.

I don’t drink much beer nowadays but henceforth I think I will stick to the LIDL own brand.
Stella, ******* Stella?
You chav

I think I'll pass. I was out drinking in one of the pubs in Richmond with some Combat Linemen trainees, I had some of that stuff and ended up piss-drunk and unconscious outside the Garrison Court Martial Centre. No wallet in my jeans but over two hundred quid in my pocket. Yes, I missed first parade the following morning. Yes, I got a ballocking for it.
Is that a ball-cocking?
If so, what is a ball-cocking?

The Dutch bar at JHQ made them to accompany their excellent beer. Friday afternoon treat.
The Dutch bar in JFC in Brunssum only sold pre rolled fags and chocolate, crap

Nothing wrong with horsemeat. I've done some great 'Grand National' ruby's. It lends itself to slow cooked dishes but why Brits get squeamish over chevel beyond me. It's a lovely lean cut of protein.
Cheers, Shergar.
It's was good enough for the British squaddie for generations while we over took the world

Nothing wrong with horsemeat. I've done some great 'Grand National' ruby's. It lends itself to slow cooked dishes but why Brits get squeamish over chevel beyond me. It's a lovely lean cut of protein.
Cheers, Shergar.
It's was good enough for the British squaddie for generations while we over took the world

It was good enough for the British public at one time, though perhaps more amongst the lower orders. There used to be horse meat butchers before the war.

The Brits tend to get fashionably squeamish about things. Veal and mutton are things you don't see much today.
Oxtail is slightly coming back into fashion, but always remained popular with West Indians.

Tripe is something that fully deserves to be confined to unloved history.

It was good enough for the British public at one time, though perhaps more amongst the lower orders. There used to be horse meat butchers before the war.

The Brits tend to get fashionably squeamish about things. Veal and mutton are things you don't see much today.
Oxtail is slightly coming back into fashion, but always remained popular with West Indians.

Ermmm oxtail or goat/mutton.....

Mutton is gorgeous, much more flavour than lamb.
It went out of fashion because of cheaper NZ lamb but you occasionally see it in restaurants, pricy because it is older but worth it.
Not with my Jamaican 'mums'. When goat was too expensive

Kirkz

LE

Thick seam honeycombe tripe is lush.

Tripe is one of the few foods I have never eaten. I will need to look through my (90 or so) cookbooks and see if there's a recipe I fancy
Liver and onions

Tripe is one of the few foods I have never eaten. I will need to look through my (90 or so) cookbooks and see if there's a recipe I fancy

Tried it a few times tasty but a slippery texture.

Have a Google amongst Italian recipes, they might make it a little easier to taste, they're very fond of it.

I've tried all sorts of weird and wonderful food, but the only one I found disgusting was sweetbreads...... very unpleasant.

I have it gently poached in milk and chopped unions, like me Mam used to make it.
Oxtail broth is another favourite I have as a treat, Mrs Biff doesn't do Beef so it's all mine.
Tried it a few times tasty but a slippery texture.
Have a Google amongst Italian recipes, they might make it a little easier to taste, they're very fond of it.
I've tried all sorts of weird and wonderful food, but the only one I found disgusting was sweetbreads...... very unpleasant.
Have you ever had camel cock?
Kazakhstan still serve it as a cold sliced 'meat' which I found quite palatable swallowed with plenty of vodka.

Re Tripe in general. Most pet owners would have given dried black tripe to their dogs and it stinks the house out but my dog loves it.
The only cooked tripe I have ever made has been white (bleached) honeycomb tripe.

I have it gently poached in milk and chopped unions, like me Mam used to make it.
Oxtail broth is another favourite I have as a treat, Mrs Biff doesn't do Beef so it's all mine.

Kazakhstan still serve it as a cold sliced 'meat' which I found quite palatable swallowed with plenty of vodka.

I'd never get my wife to chomp on anything with a big blue vein in it......

So p1ssed, want some Peperami? Go on them fella...

Hee her golden hair eats camil cock

Latest Threads