Black Forest ham and other Lidl bargains.

Aye, sound eh. Strawberry jam.

I bet you go and watch the rugby league and drink in the Marchon Club.

;)

Edited to add: I can hardly talk. I spend half the week living in Whitehaven.
You poor sod.
I've now reduced my visits to an hour, twice a week & that's only because I wont stoop to shopping at the Co-op.

Went into town yeasterday, breast of lamb supermarket prices anything between £6 and £7.50kg. Local independent butcher £2.25kg.
Walked away with two lamb breasts for £4 after watching the butcher cut them off a carcass. There are times when I really love living in Lincolnshire.
Come to think of it that is most of the time.

If anyone is near Shap, the Co Op had a load of top end spirits in the reduced section this morning, including a few bottles of Aberlour 10 year for £17 and some swanky looking gins and vodkas.

I would’ve snaffled them all but I’m off the booze.

@BossHogg @Truxx
Cracking tip. Sadly, I am about 700km and a ferry trip away from Shap. When back in the UK, I always check the offers in the Co Op, they provide consistently good quality booze at amazing prices, provided you are there at the right time.

Off topic, but relevant to Shap. I think that I was permanently scarred by encountering the Bay City Rollers in the Tebay services about 0200 one morning in the very early 80s!

Went into town yeasterday, breast of lamb supermarket prices anything between £6 and £7.50kg. Local independent butcher £2.25kg.
Walked away with two lamb breasts for £4 after watching the butcher cut them off a carcass. There are times when I really love living in Lincolnshire.
Come to think of it that is most of the time.

Lucky bugger........ there's a butcher near me that bones them, then rolls them up, ties them tightly with string, then cuts them into 1" steaks.

Roasted in the oven or pan- fried....... bloody lovely.

They're being recalled across the board....... Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Sainsburys etc.

Quite an education........ shows how narrow the markets can be...... sweetcorn, processed in some factory, in Hungary, then rebadged for each outlet, so get it wrong and the kickbacks can be catastrophic.

I read somewhere they've been related to 9 deaths over 2 years, before something has been done, finally

They're being recalled across the board....... Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Sainsburys etc.

Quite an education........ shows how narrow the markets can be...... sweetcorn, processed in some factory, in Hungary, then rebadged for each outlet, so get it wrong and the kickbacks can be catastrophic.

I read somewhere they've been related to 9 deaths over 2 years, before something has been done, finally
Serious stuff indeed - probably teaching grandma to suck eggs but I would stick to the little tins of Jolly Green giant sweetcorn, I have a bag of frozen sweetcorn in t'freeze box so am tempted to get rid.
Thanks for the info.

I think the major problem is using it raw in salads etc........ well cooked/ steamed shouldn't be a problem
Yep.
People are just tipping some out & letting it defrost before mixing it into their salads.
Proof you can't fix stupid.
I've used it for years but nuke it as directed then let it cool in the fridge & never had a case of the grots from it.

9 deaths over two years? Catastrophic? Give your head a wobble.

How many have died in BMW cars? Falling down stairs?

Hysterical as usual, grief bandwagon, have you got little yellow ribbons and teddies out?

9 deaths over two years? Catastrophic? Give your head a wobble.

How many have died in BMW cars? Falling down stairs?

Hysterical as usual, grief bandwagon, have you got little yellow ribbons and teddies out?
Are you feeling better for that little outburst ?. He was only stating a the current situation. I do not suppose any retailer would risk their reputation by continuing to sell this product.

There's a Lidl shop on the route to and from my marina, so I frequently stop off for a crate of 'Perlenbacher' pilsner, which is now my default brew (tinned Millers now being a thing of the past). The truly annoying thing about the organisation is its inconsistency; in one week a good, cheap product is on sale and not the next. They've done this with the big industrial rolls of hand-drying paper, and today I went in for a packet of frozen fish-and-chips, which I bought a couple of weeks ago and really liked; not today, sir. Still, their beef lasagne is good, so together with some bratwurst (small ones, five minutes in the pan) dinner and brekkie on the boat is assured.