Black Forest ham and other Lidl bargains.

Fishsoxs

Old-Salt
25% off 6 at Sainsburys again. A bottle worth trying is the Dark Horse Merlot. Californian rather than French and unlike French merlot it's quite strong (14.5%) and very 'grippy'.
Not keen on the Dark Horse but Apothic Red to me is a really nice bottle and similar in price.

I lived in Aberdeen when the Scottish Parish Council Parliament stopped all reductions and offers on alcohol. The bastards.

It's so unfair, this draconian nanny state saying the Scots are a drunken shower and must be punished by paying double the cost of alcohol.

If a poor man wants to get blootered, maybe his family will suffer more, and the wealthy can drive south to fill up a vanload........ crazy.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
It's so unfair, this draconian nanny state saying the Scots are a drunken shower and must be punished by paying double the cost of alcohol.

If a poor man wants to get blootered, maybe his family will suffer more, and the wealthy can drive south to fill up a vanload........ crazy.
Or maybe just brew your own.

I got some Mackies boxing day curry crisps at Lidl, you can get them at other retailers as well. Highly recommended for crispaholics, I am getting a box they are that good and addictive, anyone that gets some will thank me, that's how good they are.

I got some Mackies boxing day curry crisps at Lidl, you can get them at other retailers as well. Highly recommended for crispaholics, I am getting a box they are that good and addictive, anyone that gets some will thank me, that's how good they are.
I had some Walkers curry crisps and they tasted like a dairy farmers slippers.

Mini popadoms yes but curry crisps no.

I've got 2 smallish freezers, chocka. so I'm fairly picky, ignored all the steaks etc, but snagged some stewing lamb for a few rogan joshes, this afternoon.......

Last week got some bratwurst cheap, and Googled up some Bratwurst and cabbage recipes....... my wife can be a bit finicky, especially anything new, but she loved them.

Probably a good way to get fussy kids into cabbage, as it just falls apart into a tasty sludge......

TamH70

MIA
I've got 2 smallish freezers, chocka. so I'm fairly picky, ignored all the steaks etc, but snagged some stewing lamb for a few rogan joshes, this afternoon.......

Last week got some bratwurst cheap, and Googled up some Bratwurst and cabbage recipes....... my wife can be a bit finicky, especially anything new, but she loved them.

Probably a good way to get fussy kids into cabbage, as it just falls apart into a tasty sludge......

Did you add lots of butter? I used to hate cabbage until I tried some as a Recruity-type down in Helles Barracks in the long-ago time and fell in lust with it.

Did you add lots of butter? I used to hate cabbage until I tried some as a Recruity-type down in Helles Barracks in the long-ago time and fell in lust with it.
Butter is a must. But look at the prices for the filthy, artery-clogging stuff now...
Mrs WB returned from a trip to some vile supermarket recently, swearing (she's very Presbyterian, so this is Momentous). Double the previous price, she swore, she did. Luckily, the other, nearest supermarket had it 'on offer', at less than the old price. Win. Except for the fact that the freezers are full of the bloody stuff now; I'm going to have eat a lot of biltong, fish and bratwurst very quickly.

Gone2ratshat

Old-Salt
Recommendations please for online Christmas booze order , I want it delivered , I cant be arrsed with trudging around supermarkets and being unable to find what I want .

Recommendations please for online Christmas booze order , I want it delivered , I cant be arrsed with trudging around supermarkets and being unable to find what I want .
Asda

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Harrods.

Latest Threads