Black Forest ham and other Lidl bargains.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
This week one of the specials was this smoked ham £8.99 a kg. Anyone have any idea what to do with it other than hacking it up and scoffing it.

They've also Long Clawson Stilton for £3.29 a lb, very cheap and I know I'll be having that in a sauce with steak and also making broccoli and Stilton soup.
I give it to you fine people a thread to make best of the supermarket bargains.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Use it like pancetta around chicken, add dices to a cheesy pasta sauce
He'd never be able to slice it that thin to be used as pancetta!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I find that raw ham makes good bacon. The Schwarzwalder is always on my shopping list. Here in Germany I've the Netto option besides Aldi and Lidl. Netto's own brand organic stuff is top knotch - eggs, milk and bread and so on. Their own Uebersee Rum 54% for €6.99 die flasche is the reason my my alcoholism.

This week a complete serrano leg of ham..£39.99 from their upmarket range..giveaway..I'll have to make my own carving stand, no problem..£120.00 elsewhere..

Our local Lidl has a very passable French Merlot at under €3 a bottle and a NZ Sauv Blanc for under €7. It's worth the trek into Limassol just for those but the bratties and cooked meats always find their way into the trolley somehow.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
They've jars of giant Bockwurst this week just over £2 for 8 and they're 75% pork and no added chicken or MRM. One each for supper tonight I'll freeze the rest, bargain.

D

Djelli Beybii

Went too Aldi & Lidl on Thursday. Very nice Red wine and the Taurus cider is just like Thatchers Gold, but £2.39 for 4 cans...so I bought 12.

alib

LE
This week one of the specials was this smoked ham £8.99 a kg. Anyone have any idea what to do with it other than hacking it up and scoffing it.
It's human flesh made by witches, worse you'll be putting the weight on.

Lidl single malt whiskey £13.99 a bottle here, winner of several awards beating off up market expensive brands in blind tasting competition, Frikadella to die for.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you mean asparagus, it's in my local Sainsburys
Sainsburys? Does tha think Jarrod's made a gelt?

Latest Threads