Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black/Coloured/Non White/Whatever Singer has a melt down "cos he dint win"

Tuffty

War Hero
Drake calls for Grammys to be replaced after The Weeknd is snubbed

Looks like another music person didnt win and is pulling the Race Card to get his own way

Also in the article:

Rapper Nicki Minaj also criticised this year's nominations, suggesting that the Grammys consistently overlooks black artists.
"Never forget the Grammys didn't give me my best new artist award when I had seven songs simultaneously charting on Billboard & bigger first week [sales] than any female rapper in the last decade," she wrote on Twitter. "They gave it to the white man Bon Iver."

Erm isnt she being racist and should be looked at by Mr Plod or does it only work one way

Asking for a friend

Just accept you were not good enough

'They' seem fairly well represented at the MOBOs.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Strange how he didn't complain in previous years when he won.

apart from the bits where he did complain/sulk you mean?

However, the star has had a turbulent relationship with the ceremony, and in 2018 refused to submit his number one album More Life for consideration at the awards.

A year earlier, he expressed discomfort over the distribution of awards, after his single Hotline Bling was nominated for - and won - best rap song.
"Even though Hotline Bling is not a rap song, the only category they can manage to fit me in is a rap category," he said on his OVO Radio show. "Maybe because I've rapped in the past or because I'm black, I can't figure out why.

Having returned to the ceremony in 2019, he criticised the Grammys on live television.
"I want to take this opportunity while I'm up here to just talk to all the kids that are watching this, aspiring to do music," Drake said, as he picked up the best rap song trophy for a second time. "I wanna let you know we're playing in an opinion-based sport not a factual-based sport.

Latest Threads