Black boots and MTP?

Are black boots permitted with MTP? - or must they be brown?

I realise early on some "mixed dress" is permitted and so black boots may be tolerated. But ultimately, will black boots be prohibited once the transfer is complete and no mixed dress is permitted?

I ask because I am thinking to go and buy some Altberg sneakers which are only availble in black. And we move to MTP imminently.

My unit is mostly in MTP and mostly wearing black boots. Have you done anything crazy - like asked your CoC?

I realise early on some "mixed dress" is permitted and so black boots may be tolerated. But ultimately, will black boots be prohibited once the transfer is complete and no mixed dress is permitted?

I ask because I am thinking to go and buy some Altberg sneakers which are only availble in black. And we move to MTP imminently.
Altberg have started build their boots in brown leather, I would check their website.

i'd wait out mate, but these are my Lowa's:

i think brown won't be enforced until at least 2013.

RM just back off tour paraded in black boots. Brown suede looks shite and will be difficult to maintain for in camp and smart occasions. Brown leather has to be the way forward.

D

Deleted 20555

Well since you have people going around with jackets tucked in like shirts and more badges than Xmas Elf it's not like it's totally out of the realms of possibility now is it?

Miraclebill always irons his, 'cos his RSM told him to. Apparently, he can scrunch them up quickly whilst simultaneously polishing the chair in his office should anyone who's not a ponti appears.

Surely that decision should rest with the RSM, once he's squared it with the CO.
I would have thought that sort of decision could be taken by any decent full screw?

...or even a crow come to think of it, as long as he intends to complete P Company in the next 6 months. Extra marks awarded for embilished stories of how he "...fucked off some rupert in red tabs who tried to pull him up on it" told in the NAAFI.

basically, re: black boots with MTP - i have asked COC and they simply dont know. sure, for a while - whilst transition is phased in - black boots are ok. but no one that I have spoken to ultimately knows whether in the end (say in 2013) if black boots will be permitted.

RE: Altberg sneakers - i guess, because they have anticipated this change, Altberg now do make these boots in another colour. but i wouldnt call it "brown" for sure. is greenish. i think they call it "olive". whether this colour of boot is permitted with MTP i dont know. it sure ain't brown.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
funnily enough I saw CGS yesterday - wearing PCS and (wait for it) desert boots