Black Africa reverts to form...

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Ord_Sgt, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The case was dropped last year due to lack of evidence so it looks like they've found more to charge him.

What is it with Black African politicians, to a man or woman they are corrupt as hell. Its not just that though, they leave a trail of fcuk ups behind them that just destroys nations.

I loved this bit though

Who are they kidding?

More here.
  2. Africa needs to be left to it's own devices. No more Aid of any sort, it nearly all goes in someones back pocket
  3. They have something in common with OUR politicians then, don't they :? :D
  4. so good I posted it again
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Mind you the Africans deserve all they get I suppose. I mean Zuma is already known for his corruption so they vote him in as party leader and almost definitely country leader in due course. Fcuk em.
  6. In evolutionary terms Africa (although it is not alone in this respect) is far behind the curve when compared to the First World and elms of the Second/Third World.

It has fallen behind in physical development, but cannot improve on this as there is a complete lack of intellectual development, and absence of a moral and spiritual compass, across vast swathes of the continent.

In terms of intellectual development it has very few seats of learning and indigineous scholars; it has limited R & D; no political tradition except that which remains from colonialism, much of which has now been replaced by ju-ju-based governance.

In terms of the moral compass; corruption, bribery, nepotism is rife; there is no concept of welfare or humanity (except that provided by the Church); volunteering does not exist except where there is scope to gouge benefit for the volunteer; and individual well-being always take precedence over nation building.

Sustainment of both intellectual and moral development is normally aided by things spiritual. Christinanity has assisted in this, but it is limited, and there is no real benefit provided by current alternatives provided by the scattering of goats bones, and other esoteric rituals, as a means of gaining sprititual guidance and comfort.

Can this be improved. In short no, not without either re-colonising the continent or by redrawing national boundaries, as the real problem that Africa wrestles with is its Fourth World status (defined as widely unknown nations (cultural entities) of indigenous peoples, living within or across national state boundaries). There can never be consensus or fairness whilst this Fourth World situation endures.

In summary, a permanant basket case, and one on which we should waste no further time or money.
  7. ….until hoards of disaffected Africans march on Europe :x
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yeah but to put a good spin on that think of the defence budget increase :D

I think PAW sums it up rather nicely.
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Everything you say is true - but something about place effects and moves everyone who has spent any serious time there deeply.....
  10. Yeah, because our politicians are all paradigms of virtue. :?
  11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Cousin living in SA always mentions crime levels and corruption ...

12. Paragons, surely?
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Bollox the place is a sh1t hole of the first order. Full of filth with rubbish piled up on the pavements. Poor or no sanitation, the people couldn't care less and are happy to live in the foetid sh1te because they have no pride or self respect. A complete lack of respect for fellow humans beings or indeed life itself.

Granted its got a few nice bits but then again so does Birmingham. So stop trying to get all romantic about the place because its not.
  14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I guess it depends on where you have been and how much experience you have of the continent - I have enjoyed every project I have worked on there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.