Bl00dy Katrina again!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bullet Sponge, Aug 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Christ you can't watch a single TV station without someone waxing on about how it's one year to the day that Katrina gave New Orleans a wash!

Sorry if this seems a bit hard nosed but, if you build your house below sea level in an area prone to hurricanes, then you should expect to get your house flooded every once in a while. As an act of gross stupidity I believe it deserves a Darwin award. It was bad enough a year ago having to listen to countless news reports with people blubbing the hearts out and pointing to the nice new Lake Orleans say "oooooh poor me, my house used to be there". Now we have to listen to the fact that a year ago some pillock had his house turned into a lake!

Get a grip people!

2. Yip, especially when there was no reporting of the cyclone that hit North Queensland, except a mention. :(

3. I can see a new TV series coming out of all this... CSI New Orleans

SLR

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It's like those idiots you see on the Discovery documentaries on extreme weather. Tornado just swept through town, cue white trash stood amongst the splinters of what used to be his house. "This is the third time this has happened” he drawls. ”I guess I'll just rebuild it again". Well done for perseverance but after getting your house blown away 3 times wouldn’t you build a stronger house or fcuking move? How many more clues do you need that a wooden house is not up to the job and it’s likely to occur again?!