Bizarre F&M Drills

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So this is the full length version of the famous five miles o'death:

Sure it's been posted here before, but though I'm sure it's partially inevitable, I'm not really interested in an ape bashing thread. Instead, I was watching the live fire ranges they do (from 2:40 to 9:05), and there are a couple of drills, which have clearly been taught because all the recruits are doing them, which are distinctly odd.

For example:

Every aimed shot being a double tap, no matter what range they are at.
The advancing soldier stopping every few paces to fire, despite having a covering man behind him (at the beginning, and also at 6:45)
Lying on their back in fire positions (at the beginning...possibly to change mags?)

Anyone seen these before, or can anyone suggest reasons why the drills might not be quite as chad as they look at first?

Spacehopper383

War Hero
Is that the American Ranger badge on his arm at 4:44 or is that a course I have not heard of?
Capture.JPG

ACAB

LE
So this is the full length version of the famous five miles o'death:

Sure it's been posted here before, but though I'm sure it's partially inevitable, I'm not really interested in an ape bashing thread. Instead, I was watching the live fire ranges they do (from 2:40 to 9:05), and there are a couple of drills, which have clearly been taught because all the recruits are doing them, which are distinctly odd.

For example:

Every aimed shot being a double tap, no matter what range they are at.
The advancing soldier stopping every few paces to fire, despite having a covering man behind him (at the beginning, and also at 6:45)
Lying on their back in fire positions (at the beginning...possibly to change mags?)

Anyone seen these before, or can anyone suggest reasons why the drills might not be quite as chad as they look at first?
THAT is absolutely pathetic!

it's nothing more than an RAF Regt Training Team Wankathon.

Cringeworthy!

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Is that the American Ranger badge on his arm at 4:44 or is that a course I have not heard of?

In the video the bloke talking about "the Flight Sergeant" getting his balls wet has an American accent. Therefore I assume he was a) the only officer listed, and b) on exchange from the US.

I take it nobody can think of a good reason when approaching a position to fire, walk a few steps, fire again, repeat. Increasingly I think this whole video was a highly developed wah.

Come on troops it's all bollocks, the three paces forward bit is to practice asking for a MOD form 90 from any one approaching the sacred gate/barrier.

Get on Parade! What, what? :?

Fowler Chicken Run -3.jpg

Black Sheep

Old-Salt
Thank fcuk. At the start I thought it was my beloved RA as I could not make out the flag, then an airsofters rally of shitests proportions....Yes, awful but still.... any answers to
1) the double tap when advancing. Is it a taught drill? I heard no call
'Wannabe infantry, 50m, 1/4 right of the Sgt (Sgt please stop moving, your confusing them), double tap as we go'
AND
2) what is the Ranger badge. Does not look American (different colours) but a few other countries have Ranger courses?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
(snip)

I take it nobody can think of a good reason when approaching a position to fire, walk a few steps, fire again, repeat. Increasingly I think this whole video was a highly developed wah.

Because Osprey doesn't more very far when no-one's wearing it?

Latest Threads