Bite the Bullet

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Burnaston, Mar 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can we have Paul Routledge shot? Just in the knee or something. Then make him wait for treatment. I suppose he could afford to go private.
  2. THE Conservatives are planning a squaddiefriendly election manifesto in the hope of stealing the servicemen's vote from Labour. They've got a cheek. Perhaps two, even.

This government has just bribed soldiers with a nine per cent-plus pay rise - two or three times the rate of inflation - depending on which index you believe.

And Tony Blair has taken our country to more wars than any Labour premier in history. He's in favour of full employment - for the armed forces, at any rate.

AdvertisementDiddy Dave Cameron, who wouldn't know a rifle from a raffle, wants troops to jump the NHS queues and get instant treatment.

This shameless bid for 200,000 votes is mounted on the back of service families' complaints about NHS hospitals.

The moans are all the louder because dedicated hospitals for the services are being phased out.

Squaddies must now rely on the health service (I presume that officers go private).

Well, welcome to the real world, corporal. That's what the rest of us have to put up with all the time. Why should an injury suffered in Basra count for more than one suffered in Birmingham?

We have a volunteer army. There are no conscripts. These men and women choose to place themselves in the line of conflict.

It is a good thing that they do, but I question whether that gives them superior rights to Mrs Smith in South Elmsall.

The brass hats in Whitehall, and retired Colonel Blimps aplenty, are loud in their demands for preferential treatment in every conceivable context, from taxpayers' money to luxury accommodation.

A bit of humility might come in handy.

Just what planet is this gimp on? 9%? I fecking wish.....only a few will get that....the rest of us 3! Luxury housing? How about just something that doesn't let the rain in and has heating that works? And, Frankly, Yes I do think that an injury sustained in Basrah whilst being sent out there to do the countries bidding does deserve a higher priority than a health tourist from Azerbaijan who has popped over illegally to get his kidney stones sorted out!

What a prize tosser this left wing tw*t is!
  3. I shall add his name to my list of people to torture sadistically when I rule the world.
  4. All I can say is "what cnut" nuf said
  5. What a tw*t.
  6. I've just added Paul Routledge to my "utter cnut" list, but then he works for the Mirror so what do you expect, no pictures with this article I note.

Well, Paul, we don't live in YOUR real world, we live in OUR real world. Where death, mutilation and horrendous injury are part of an everyday occurance sometimes.

Perhaps Paul should read his drivvel. We have a volunteer army, in order to keep people, and recruit more of the same, who are willing to go to some of the worst places on earth (willingly) and endure hardship, injury, loss and even death, as well as see things most will never have to, you have to look after them.

That is why an injury in Birmingham is not as important as that of an injury sustained in Basra (obviously medical rules of triage apply). That and the simple fact... our armed forces are a small number, we need to get the injured turned around and back on their feet quickly.

Paul, paul, paul do read what you write. Mrs Smith isn't the one voluntarily going in to harms way, it doesn't give us superior rights, but should give a slight edge.

Luxury accomodation? No, just accomodation that keeps the toms in and isn't a health risk, spending has to increase to pay for all the jobs 'ole tone and co keep sending us on.

After all Paul, you expect to be paid for this tosh in your world, what would you think if the mirror paid you for only 1/2 your stories, wouldn't give you a new computer or replace your knackered desk.

Is this he?
  7. The man is complete cnut and quite frankly needs a good heavy shoeing in his nads.
  8. Not that he's biased, or has an agenda or anything. Say, do you think he's met Ms Cochrane?
  9. I have just e-mailed them to say their article is out of order - perhaps if others do, Routledge may get the point:
  10. Contrast this with the Dail Mail article further down the boards.
  11. Looks like he keeps himself in shape, no wonder he doesn't value an army to defend him and his family.

12. Contrast this with the Dail Mail article further down the boards.
  13. I've just winged off a couple of emails. The article is pejorative rubbish.
  14. Are the Conservatives the party that "care for our boys" now?

Not much evidence of screaming at the government when they effectively disenfranchised the service vote before the last general election.

Cheap stunt by Cameron , and one which could have been acted on a lot earlier. As for a Squaddie-friendly manifesto?

Believe it when I see it, especially as Cameron seems to be in broad agreement with everything the Bluppet is doing.