Bit of fun in the Alps........

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Banker, Aug 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Banker

Banker On ROPs

2. Nice road, what was you driving there? Hoping to get out to the Alps next year to climb.
  3. In the 612? Brown trouser moment if the back nips out a little bit?
  4. would like to see who leeft all the rubber on the road between 12 and 20 seconds. they were having fun!
  5. Banker

Banker On ROPs

612, got it shipped to/from Milan for less than fuel plus tolls plus ferry/Eurostar.....and avoided the boring bit. Last run for the car before it goes in a trade.

Spent a couple of days in Chamonix ice climbing. Such a variety of climbing around there it's not funny and the hotels were surprisingly cheap. Very cool place, will be going back for more before year end.
  6. Banker

Banker On ROPs

Probably this local freak........who followed me down a pass and took off like a stabbed rat around a blind bend. Not much competition between a 612 and Porker on the windy stuff.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Did that same route a few years back in a Lancia Delta Integrale.

Much fun was had.
  8. Bored of the 612 already?
  9. Taking an 18 tonner through the mont blank later this week going to Rome truly love the mountains
  10. Flash git ; ) Definitely a place on my to go list.
  11. Banker

Banker On ROPs

Not really, lovely car, does everything it says on the tin, ideal for that type of trip............but..........the 599 does is a little better. No back seats in a 599, but I've got no kids so it makes sense.
  12. Banker

Banker On ROPs

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

You won't get better climbing than around Mt. Blanc.......
  13. Also better looking than the 612, sorted the headlights out on the 599. There's a matt black one round my way and that looks gash.
  14. Banker

Banker On ROPs

Agree on the too. I'm looking at Grigio Silverstone.......fancy name for gunmetal grey.
  15. Found this very nice road the week before last - the D912 south of Grenoble. I had to cut the vid short because I nearly totalled the car on video and my wife's swearing would have made a sailor blush:

Savoie Alps 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!