Bit of fun in the Alps........

Nice road, what was you driving there? Hoping to get out to the Alps next year to climb.
612, got it shipped to/from Milan for less than fuel plus tolls plus ferry/Eurostar.....and avoided the boring bit. Last run for the car before it goes in a trade.

Spent a couple of days in Chamonix ice climbing. Such a variety of climbing around there it's not funny and the hotels were surprisingly cheap. Very cool place, will be going back for more before year end.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Did that same route a few years back in a Lancia Delta Integrale.

Much fun was had.

612, got it shipped to/from Milan for less than fuel plus tolls plus ferry/Eurostar.....and avoided the boring bit. Last run for the car before it goes in a trade.

Spent a couple of days in Chamonix ice climbing. Such a variety of climbing around there it's not funny and the hotels were surprisingly cheap. Very cool place, will be going back for more before year end.
Flash git ; ) Definitely a place on my to go list.

Not really, lovely car, does everything it says on the tin, ideal for that type of trip............but..........the 599 does is a little better. No back seats in a 599, but I've got no kids so it makes sense.
Also better looking than the 612, sorted the headlights out on the 599. There's a matt black one round my way and that looks gash.

Found this very nice road the week before last - the D912 south of Grenoble. I had to cut the vid short because I nearly totalled the car on video and my wife's swearing would have made a sailor blush:

Savoie Alps 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Morgan 4/4 Sport - not as fast as your car, but bloody good fun all the same (until you get stuck in French holiday traffic north of Marseille in blazing sunshine with the hood down - we were stuck behind a Ferrari for a couple of hours at that stage of the trip and the other half threatened to climb into the Ferrari just for the AC).

The D912 was a cracking road though - nice sweeping bends and and fewer of the switchback hairpins that make one slow right down.

Just looked the D912 up.....about an hour or so from my flick. Super roads around the national parks, much more fun that the "true" mountain passes. Looks like we were there at pretty much the same time.

Morgan looks like fun, the open top must give a very different experience, especially in the hills. Let me know when you're in UK next, may be able to set up an interesting Fcar driving day.

Banker,I don't really get back to the UK much any more unless I'm flying in. But if you're in the Chamonix region in the future I'll be spending a lot more time in the future just north of there. And yes, the Morgan is fun - because it's very open top, compared to modern convertibles, it's a bit like being on a motorbike in that you get to see a lot more around you than in a hard top.

Latest Threads