Bit of Advice needed

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Noosh, Sep 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks,

I left the REME in 2002 after 5 years as a VM, and now i'm settled in civvy life i'm itching to get back in green kit again, albeit part time.

I've narrowed it down to two choices, 103 RA(V) 216bty in Bolton, which is about 5 miles away from me, or 75 Engineers (V) in Warrington.

I've had a search but can't find much on the latter, which i'm kind of leaning toward.

Can any of you tell me what sort of training 75 engineers do and what trades are on offer etc, and when they train etc?

Many thanks :)

2. msr

msr LE

Come down to 216 on Tuesday night.

Much better unit ;)

msr

3. or 93 Sig Sqn, they have loads of green fleet to sort out

4. Forgot to add, don't want to go back as a VM, had enough of spannering to be honest :)

5. Get urself in the Engineers buddy, although I'm not sure what trades the TA ha sto offer I would of thought it would be pretty similar to the regs in which case the world is your oyster......

6. Go for the engineers. I've worn both cap badges, RA and RE, the best thing I ever did was put in my papers to transfer to RE.

7. Thanks for the responses so far guys :)

8. RA mate, nothing beats firing the light gun

9. Knowing a couple of your unit, is it??? :D

10. msr

msr LE

Depends which 2 you know ;)

11. i have a lot of mates in 103 and its a top unit, its nearly as good as 106

12. msr

msr LE

Is that the unit who go on exercise looking like a gypsy camp with missiles sticking out of it?

13. go infantry.if you're gonna play soldier at least do it proper.

14. It seems that the advice that has been given so far has been just a little subjective.

So, for a totally unbiased bit of advice, here's my two pennorth:

RA: Monotony. Same thing all the time. Go to ranges, pick one of the few remaining features, shout a few orders, people dash about, gun goes bang. Wait a bit, watch earth erupt some distance from the feature, hear bang in the distance. More orders, more milling about, another bang. Wait a bit, watch earth erupt some distance from the feature, hear bang in the distance. Repeat until ammo runs out. Clean gun. Go home.

RE: Variety. Something different every time. Build things, break things, make big bangs, achieve the impossible. Regularly.

I think that sums it up.

15. msr

msr LE

That's not strictly true:

It's Go home. Clean gun.

:roll:

msr