Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Whiskybreath, May 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Report in the Telegraph

Finally, a British leader - political/church/social/whatever; it doesn't matter any more - who has a backbone, belief and commitment. None of the others do.

2. Actually this fella does too: http://www.archbishopofyork.org/761 - it's just the Canterbury fella who's wishy-washy and apologetic!

3. I agree.
    Quite significant is his ethnicity though. Had a white man issued the same sentiments then he would have been pilloried. Much like the debate over multiculturalism-any opposition to it was screamed down with accusations of racism...until Trevor Philips came out and denounced it. After that it suddenly became less taboo to comment on it.
    The PC brigade do seem to be having quite a few moral dilemmas cast their way of late dont they :D

This bishop will probably be denounced as not being representative of British christians though. Whats the betting on him being labelled a loose cannon?

4. Quite right, my apologies. So a Pakistani-born Bishop, a Uganda-born Bishop and a Guyanese quango boss (Phillips) can all see the crazed, slack-jawed stupidity of "multiculturalism" for what it is; why can't any of the politicos? Or are all of the 600 merely cowardly piggies-with-snouts-firmly-in-the-trough and too much to lose by stating the bleeding obvious?

Mmmm, difficult one, that........

5. "He said that in its place, Britain had become gripped by the doctrine of "endless self-indulgence" which had led to the destruction of family life, rising levels of drug abuse and drunkenness and mindless violence on the streets."

It has been far worse at times when everyone went to Church. You gobby, irrelevant tosser.

6. Yes quite - whilst there is some truth buried in there,I am wondering if this is a not so subtle pitch to get bums back on pews.

7. When was that?

8. Any time from the 18th century up to the fifties.

9. Really? Do you have a source or a link for that, spacehopper?

10. Sven is right.

All played a part in his conception.

He is the link.

11. The only deity worshipped in this country these days is the bottle.

What's he going to do? Frogmarch everyone to church?

He still hasn't provided any evidence to back up his absurd claim of no-go areas for non-Muslims.

Also I read he now wants to target Muslims for conversion! Hahahahaha good luck sunshine!

'Please, please come and join my decrepit, moribund institution known as the CofE.'

In short he is a throbber with his head firmly rammed up his own arrse.

12. At least he isn't telling his flock to kill or convert, and teaching suicide bombing unlike your bunch.

13. Because Islam is right up there with the best of them isnt it...
    At least he isnt telling his flock to kill all infidels and ignore all other law other than sharia law

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1571970/Muslim-apostates-threatened-over-Christianity.html

Yes because in your wonderfully forward religion, anyone who considers it is threatened with death. Very liberal of you all.

14. So,
    which the Bishop identifies is, in fact, a phenomenon which can be attributed to the influence of the Church over the past two centuries, and is, in fact, on the wane.

This is tremendous news. Be sure to make it public.