• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bishop attacks Muslim hypocrisy

#1
Bishop attacks 'Muslim hypocrisy'

MODs - Yes I know this is another muslim thread but this is second lead article on the BBC and deserves debate.

Another prominent talking of the bipolar muslim culture. I wonder what line the rest of the Church will take in responce?

Interesting to see that this is coming from someone who obviously has close family links to the religion. Home truths starting to be exposed?
 
#8
in_the_cheapseats said:
Bishop attacks 'Muslim hypocrisy'

MODs - Yes I know this is another muslim thread but this is second lead article on the BBC and deserves debate.

Another prominent talking of the bipolar muslim culture. I wonder what line the rest of the Church will take in responce?

Interesting to see that this is coming from someone who obviously has close family links to the religion. Home truths starting to be exposed?
Don't disagree with what Ali has said but considering his own conduct and support for certain Bishops in Pakistan - the word 'hypocrite' comes to fricken mind!
 
#10
armchair_jihad said:
Do tell more castlereagh I am in ignorance

Nizar - Ali supports the Anglican line that all is fine and dandy for Christians in Pakistan. It seems that he supports the view that the Anglican church in Pakistan should not rock the boat. He has made the odd statement when things become a little hard to deny (Church shootings etc) or when it becomes rather advantageous (Telegraph interviews) but is a consistent follower of this line - so his view on Muslims dominating others is rather amusing to say the least.

Secondly, his support for Bishop Malik of Lahore has not gone down well amongst ordinary Christians in Pakistan. The last straw was when his daughter married a Muslim but she claims hasn't converted but he supports the position that he should stay in place. But the epistles are clear on this matter.
 
#11
Meanwhile the Glastonbury hard left Blair appointee Wxnker Williams is on a junket trip to China. Why?

For the same reason that Big John is in Malaysia I suppose. :?
 
#12
SirIsaac said:
Meanwhile the Glastonbury hard left Blair appointee Wxnker Williams is on a junket trip to China. Why?

For the same reason that Big John is in Malaysia I suppose. :?

Indeed.
I don't support these theists in any way, but it seems amazing that the CofE is totally rudderless under Rowan Williams, and it is left to the Bishop of Rochester to say the obvious.

Was Blair's intention, in appointing Williams, to neuter and exterminate the CofE, so that Cherie's Catholics could take control again (after 300 years of exile)? Certainly anyone who knew of Williams would have known he was a pl*nker, and his acceptance speech confirmed this to the whole world. Why else would you appoint a pl*nker?

So now the fruits of the Reformation are under attack from two fundamentalist sects. The Age of Reason is about to end in darkness, and anyone that has been taught to cautiously see the light should be prepared to fight for the cause.


D
 
#13
“Characteristic British values have developed from the Christian faith and its vision of personal and common good,” said the bishop in an interview with The Sunday Times.

“After they were clarified by the enlightenment they became the bedrock of our modern political life. These values need to be recovered to help us to inculcate the virtues of generosity, loyalty, moderation and love.”
At last some clear thinking, not from the politicians, but from the CofE. He deserves our fullest support for saying what many are too weak kneed to say.
 

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
#14
I thought hypocrisy (or at least inconsistency) was part of the human condition. Thus by default as 'we' are the practioners of religions, quite often we are hypocrits to one level or another.
 
#15
Nehustan said:
I thought hypocrisy (or at least inconsistency) was part of the human condition. Thus by default as 'we' are the practioners of religions, quite often we are hypocrits to one level or another.
Well said.

Hypocrisy, in its true meaning is saying one thing but not intending to do carry it through, as opposed from saying one thing, intending to carry it through, but failing in the attempt.

But both are still within the scope of the 'human condition'.
 
#16
castlereagh said:
armchair_jihad said:
Do tell more castlereagh I am in ignorance

Nizar - Ali supports the Anglican line that all is fine and dandy for Christians in Pakistan. It seems that he supports the view that the Anglican church in Pakistan should not rock the boat. He has made the odd statement when things become a little hard to deny (Church shootings etc) or when it becomes rather advantageous (Telegraph interviews) but is a consistent follower of this line - so his view on Muslims dominating others is rather amusing to say the least.

Secondly, his support for Bishop Malik of Lahore has not gone down well amongst ordinary Christians in Pakistan. The last straw was when his daughter married a Muslim but she claims hasn't converted but he supports the position that he should stay in place. But the epistles are clear on this matter.
Really!!!

Care to expand on this statement.
 
#17
castlereagh said:
armchair_jihad said:
Do tell more castlereagh I am in ignorance

Nizar - Ali supports the Anglican line that all is fine and dandy for Christians in Pakistan. It seems that he supports the view that the Anglican church in Pakistan should not rock the boat.
Too broad a statement to contribute anything meaningful to this thread. Ali has made a statement that can be applauded by the majority of wings of the Christian church. If you're seeking to character destroy to make a wider point about his integrity then this is poor form, if not disingenuous.
 

Latest Threads