Bishop attacks Muslim hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Nov 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Bishop attacks 'Muslim hypocrisy'

MODs - Yes I know this is another muslim thread but this is second lead article on the BBC and deserves debate.

Another prominent talking of the bipolar muslim culture. I wonder what line the rest of the Church will take in responce?

Interesting to see that this is coming from someone who obviously has close family links to the religion. Home truths starting to be exposed?
  2. Fair, sensibly made points.
  3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Hallo Pot this is kettle

You are black

4. Care to expand on that piece of utter shite?
  5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yes, frankly they are all as bad as each other.
  6. If that is an expansion, I feel sorry for your missus when you get a hard on.
  7. Don't disagree with what Ali has said but considering his own conduct and support for certain Bishops in Pakistan - the word 'hypocrite' comes to fricken mind!
  8. Do tell more castlereagh I am in ignorance

9. Nizar - Ali supports the Anglican line that all is fine and dandy for Christians in Pakistan. It seems that he supports the view that the Anglican church in Pakistan should not rock the boat. He has made the odd statement when things become a little hard to deny (Church shootings etc) or when it becomes rather advantageous (Telegraph interviews) but is a consistent follower of this line - so his view on Muslims dominating others is rather amusing to say the least.

Secondly, his support for Bishop Malik of Lahore has not gone down well amongst ordinary Christians in Pakistan. The last straw was when his daughter married a Muslim but she claims hasn't converted but he supports the position that he should stay in place. But the epistles are clear on this matter.
  10. Meanwhile the Glastonbury hard left Blair appointee Wxnker Williams is on a junket trip to China. Why?

For the same reason that Big John is in Malaysia I suppose. :?

11. Indeed.
    I don't support these theists in any way, but it seems amazing that the CofE is totally rudderless under Rowan Williams, and it is left to the Bishop of Rochester to say the obvious.

Was Blair's intention, in appointing Williams, to neuter and exterminate the CofE, so that Cherie's Catholics could take control again (after 300 years of exile)? Certainly anyone who knew of Williams would have known he was a pl*nker, and his acceptance speech confirmed this to the whole world. Why else would you appoint a pl*nker?

So now the fruits of the Reformation are under attack from two fundamentalist sects. The Age of Reason is about to end in darkness, and anyone that has been taught to cautiously see the light should be prepared to fight for the cause.

12. At last some clear thinking, not from the politicians, but from the CofE. He deserves our fullest support for saying what many are too weak kneed to say.
  13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I thought hypocrisy (or at least inconsistency) was part of the human condition. Thus by default as 'we' are the practioners of religions, quite often we are hypocrits to one level or another.
  14. Well said.

Hypocrisy, in its true meaning is saying one thing but not intending to do carry it through, as opposed from saying one thing, intending to carry it through, but failing in the attempt.

But both are still within the scope of the 'human condition'.