Biscuits for cheese - it's a Jacobs!

Following on from the 'Biscuits for stilton' thread in the Officers section (**** knows why in there), I'm curious to discover the preferred choices of the Arrserati for a wide range of this dairy-derived delight. Apologies if this topic has received attention in the past, and I have used the 'J' button.

Which cheese, on which biscuit?

From that thread the general consensus seems to be that the much-lauded Hovis biscuit is preferred for stilton, though I'm sure there will be many who disagree.

It's a Jacobs.

Nothing wrong with cream crackers but you can't beat a Carr's Table Water biscuit either...
Can't disagree, but which cheese is best with that, if any?

Thin Oatcake, Nairns fine milled or Stockan's Orkney.

Yes, yes. All good choices, but with which cheese does each biscuit best complement?

I am not going to bring in the cheeses I eat, as they are non dairy versions and would be of no interest to others in this thread.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Stilton:
Digestive

Seriously strong:
Toast & Worcester sauce

Double Gloucester:
Carr's

Brie:
French roll

Parmesan:
Grated over pasta

Cottage:
Mixed with ham & pineapple on malted bread

Red Leicester:
Can FRO... fecking orange rubber milk shite.

Wensleydale well crumbley with an Egramont Russet, no cracker required.

Any old mouse trap, melted in a Staffordshire Oat Cake.

CFB.

It has to be Jacobs crackers all round for me, however, I have in the past 6 months discovered this: Sainsbury's - Please enable cookies or JavaScript
It's a small loaf and goes great with any cheese when sliced into thin rounds.
As regards water biscuits, I can't stand them. Tasteless and always seem to be soggy for some reason (hense the name?).

Stilton:
Digestive

Seriously strong:
Toast & Worcester sauce

Double Gloucester:
Carr's

Brie:
French roll

Parmesan:
Grated over pasta

Cottage:
Mixed with ham & pineapple on malted bread

Red Leicester:
Can FRO... fecking orange rubber milk shite.
Are you cheese member of the mess?

Not any more, for me at least. I got some a few weeks ago and they have changed the recipe.

They have gone from the nice little salt hit with a light slightly flaky texture to some sweet solid biscuit. Looked at the ingredients list and the third biggest ingredient is sugar. Horrible things compared to what they used to be as far as I am concerned.

These are a staple on the shopping list though:

DELUXE Scalloped Crackers with Rosemary - Lidl UK

Nice snap, good salt hit and lovely with soft cheese hard cheese and especially with pate.

Last edited:
Tesco own brand sea salt and black pepper crackers, very morish and cheap to boot, look for a blue box, you won't regret it

Wensleydale well crumbley with an Egramont Russet, no cracker required.

CFB.
The best apple variety IMO, though the Fat Hobbit in my work was nealy sick when I ate one. Not shiny enough for the prissy wee get.