Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Birthday Honours 2020

Not enough.
Winston Kodogo could get a knighthood for services to blackness, and still be folk moaning not enough is being done for the 'community'.
In fact, I'm surprised the various factions haven't called for the stripping of honours of many previous recipients, because 'he is a racist'.

Is it not a double edged sword bouncing of his shoulders
A knighthood as all honours are reflective of a colonial past.
He gets knighted and he's accepting a racist award linked to the slave trade or will be shortly

How about there’s no military division whatsoever?

if military people want to do something extra to their career, such as charity endeavours, then they should be recognised for that along the same lines of civilians. Honours for doing your military job, is bollocks.
You try working over a hot stove for an ungrateful bunch of fat sappers!

Last edited:
Which civil servant allegedly said that? Where was the risk or rigour element of support to the Olympics?

You could suffer health consequences from all the fast food on offer - not so much if you were not at the main park. Also you had to worry about the Police and things like them knocking a loaded MP5 off the table.

I got given my commemoration coin by GOC LonDist - no idea about other people.

The Home Office 'successes' on the latest Honours List were published at 0950 hrs this morning. In summary, 1 x CB, 1 x CBE, 6 x OBEs and 2 x MBEs were awarded. All recipients were at least a Grade 7 and the MBEs were awarded to a Grade 5 Director and a Grade 6 Deputy Director. No BEMs and nothing for SEO and below.

The Home Office 'successes' on the latest Honours List were published at 0950 hrs this morning. In summary, 1 x CB, 1 x CBE, 6 x OBEs and 2 x MBEs were awarded. All recipients were at least a Grade 7 and the MBEs were awarded to a Grade 5 Director and a Grade 6 Deputy Director. No BEMs and nothing for SEO and below.
You lot need to work harder!