Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Birthday Honours 2020

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The date for the publication of the delayed Birthday Honours List has been given as Saturday 10 October.

No doubt many Arrsers are just holding on to tell us that they have been overlooked yet again!

This is the list that BoJo delayed to get people involved in fighting Covid-19 recognised. Should be an interesting list and I hope it includes many front line staff as well as the usual 'brains' behind the work.

"Doctors, nurses, fundraisers and volunteers who have made outstanding contributions to the UK’s coronavirus response will be recognised in the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list on Saturday 10 October."

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Congrats Lord Raspberry Ripple of Oldgitshire.

philc

LE
I work with the husband of someone on the list, she is or should be recognized for Fund Raising. All things not having changed since the delay.

As for me, I shun all publicity allowing my good deads to go unnoticed by the masses, I seek not baubles but the joy in the knowledge I am doing my little bit to make the country a better place.

How woke will the honours list be this time?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fingers crossed for my nomination, ie the person I nominated :)

It should NOT be merely "wishful thinking", as they have done more for the country than many others, for a very long time . . . .

If a spiteful, resentful, Government and its advisors, can not bring themselves to recommend to HM the nominations, then I hope HM herself will be minded to elevate . . . .

Leader‎: ‎Nigel Farage, and
Chairman‎: ‎Richard Tice

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I work with the husband of someone on the list, she is or should be recognized for Fund Raising. All things not having changed since the delay.

As for me, I shun all publicity allowing my good deads to go unnoticed by the masses, I seek not baubles but the joy in the knowledge I am doing my little bit to make the country a better place.
Good deads. For services to contract killing?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Good deads. For services to contract killing?
Services to Covid - Dom Cummings is up for the same award. The SNP bint is probably a bit too late for this list.

How woke will the honours list be this time?
Not enough.
Winston Kodogo could get a knighthood for services to blackness, and still be folk moaning not enough is being done for the 'community'.
In fact, I'm surprised the various factions haven't called for the stripping of honours of many previous recipients, because 'he is a racist'.

The date for the publication of the delayed Birthday Honours List has been given as Saturday 10 October.

No doubt many Arrsers are just holding on to tell us that they have been overlooked yet again!

This is the list that BoJo delayed to get people involved in fighting Covid-19 recognised. Should be an interesting list and I hope it includes many front line staff as well as the usual 'brains' behind the work.

"Doctors, nurses, fundraisers and volunteers who have made outstanding contributions to the UK’s coronavirus response will be recognised in the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list on Saturday 10 October."

Jolly good show, that the end of that then. I mean how many Employees does the NHS have 1.5 Million or so. That's an MBE for all of 'em no doubt. Actually it'll probably mean that those with no medals will be a rarity.

I hope Knighthood recipients are suitably advised that "Taking the knee" at the ceremony is an acknowledgement of the monarchy and does not in any way allude to objections to slavery and that such acknowledgement means acceptance of a "Colonial" history.
But Lenny will be along shortly to advise against acceptance...oh, hang on. :cool:

Latest Threads