Birmingham wishes it could ditch Brummie accent

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by PartTimePongo, Jul 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

What a lot of bollox. Lived here for years, I think it's a great accent I do awww , and one of the most versatile for getting dry humour across. No one does sarcasm like a Brummie.

Which other region can get across "That is bollox that is" with "oh awww"

As other commentators point out, it's a bright, lilting and melodious accent, and listening to certain Radio DJ's here use it well in debate and piss-taking is a joy. I suggest you try not to do surveys at New Street Station Spinvox, you'll end up with a bollox statistic.

There should be a Brummie Talk Radio DJ , like Dr. Chinn or someone of that calibre, you'd soon get a proper heated debate going, with gobby t wats put back in their box, never mind using all these mockney-outrage thick as yam pigsh*t talking head w*nkers.

There is nothing wrong with the accent.....and I'm a Cockney don't you know.

Anyway , this is bollox , and just another slur on the Brumopolis by home counties educated estuary English speaking mockney gobshites.
  2. I take it you disagree?
  3. Agree you should be pround of your own regional accents, as a London boy I do find it grates hearing some over and pointless educated git trying to be right on by acting as if they come from my part of gods own city.
    Also regional accents are a good source of banter sometimes, that is if you have the wit to be able to understand it.
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Well, Clarkson says "I would never employ someone with a Brummie accent" and we all know he is never wrong :D

So much for Somerset....
  5. Grates even more when they try and dress it up as a pseudo-scientific survey.

It's still bollox.

And as for Clarkson , the over-opiniated boorish twit

And I'm sure none of the researchers and production staff on Top Gear at the Mailbox , based in , oh where is that again....... would disagree with that would they you motor-mouthed fool.

Has the rim of your Coffee-Cup ever smelt a bit funny Clarkson?

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Before announcing 'I have a cunning plan' and carrying on digging a hole in someone's back-garden and pontificating at length about Roman pottery fragments.

Multi-talented, the boy Robinson.
  7. Not to mention his rabble rousing performances at many a Labour Party conference. Is there any limits to the mans talents?
  8. Get out of the wrong side of bed this morning? truth hurting??? :lol:
  9. I agree! The brummy accent is terrible, beaten only by the scouse one! ;)
  10. I'm a Cockney don't you know.

I find it incredible for Clarkson to make this statement when he works in the Brumopolis, and undoubtedly has staff from Birmingham working on TG.

Which makes a bit of a mockery of his statement.

Anyway , he should smell the coffee..... literally.... :D
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Fu*k all wrong with being a Brummie!
    We're bostin!
  13. Birmingham sounds like one big head trauma ward.

I had to go to Wolverhampton and the city centre recently, and I spent all day stifling giggles as increasingly retarded sounding people tried to talk to me about "clever stuff"

It's a pants accent and will forever be associated with Barry from "Auf wiedersehen pet"

it's only to be outdone in the crap accent stakes by the Welsh, and lets be honest, they talk like they're gargling spunk with a brain injury.
  14. You've met my wife then?
  15. Haven't we all???? ;)