Birmingham to be scrapped?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by dui-lai, Apr 19, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/04/01/navy01.xml

I have only just read this interesting article on the web and I am so glad to see we are being bled dry by that b'astard Brown and the Treasury!

Seems Buffoon bottled it and buckled to treasury deamands for savings (surprising that!).

We are not the only possible casuality, 2 carriers will be going and 4 regiments (3 Scottish!).

Oh, praise be the leader and his glorious party! :roll:

2. I thought this post was telling us that 'Birmingham is to be scrapped'? In that case, I agree. Sack Birmingham - it's useless, and full of useless jobless to$$ers.

Cheers.

Oh...you meant the hospital... :D :D

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

My sources at RCDM deny the centre is be under-funded or scrapped.

4. we had a CO's address last week. Birmingham is NOT being scrapped

5. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

ah, so in true military fashion now you've been told it's not being scrapped, we can expect news of it getting scrapped by friday then. :D

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Its like a footy club board backing the manager before they sack him!

7. I must admit having been on leave and missing a COs address, I saw this originally in an old paper.

I tend to believe the newspapers. After all the spin and shiit I have been fed over the years by the AMS, is it any wonder I'm cynical! :wink:

8. ignore what the co says, if the painters come around and give it a new lick of magnolia - you are doomed

9. Magnolia! Ballocks, they have just painted my new office that colour!

Doomed, I'm doomed!

10. and new carpets shite to it, i'm booking my holidays. Birmingham i think!!

11. no, haven't you heard Birmingham is to be scrapped or is that scraped