Birmingham Schools - Islamist Trojan Horse Report

A Worker

War Hero
Ray Honeyford tried exposing this 30 year ago and was summarily sacked !

Imagine what damage as been done in those 30 years and it obviously shows.

Longlenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Ray Honeyford tried exposing this 30 year ago and was summarily sacked !

Imagine what damage as been done in those 30 years and it obviously shows.
This is in reference to Honeyford saying that kids who had English as a second language were holding back the education of English kids, it took place at Drummond Road school Bradford. He was hounded out of his job by a spineless council.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Read the reports in the Telegrpah over the last few months. There has been orchestrated resistance from right through the City's government to this whole enquiry. It stinks.

The simple answer is to stop teaching in foreign languages If they want lessons in Urdu or whatever let them do it after hours,bugger `Human Rights´etc,they don´t teach in Turkish in Germany though there is a growing demand as immigrants outnumber local kids.They´d be crazy to allow it when you see the chaos it causes in Britain?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...g-to-impose-strict-islamic-model-9530535.html

MacStab2

War Hero
Well there is an awful lot of evidence that the letter in question was not actually real.
http://www.theguardian.com/educatio...extremism-political-storm-michael-gove-ofsted

Now that might be academic if it exposes some real issues, but what if all the hysteria is has stirred up ends up damaging the education of a lot of young, innocent people in Birmingham?

Before you all start slateing the Guardian for some left wing conspiracy nut, just think about it first.

Well there is an awful lot of evidence that the letter in question was not actually real.
http://www.theguardian.com/educatio...extremism-political-storm-michael-gove-ofsted

Now that might be academic if it exposes some real issues, but what if all the hysteria is has stirred up ends up damaging the education of a lot of young, innocent people in Birmingham?

Before you all start slateing the Guardian for some left wing conspiracy nut, just think about it first.

The Guardian has an ultra left wing agenda which most people are aware of and will poo poo any attempt to show the dangers involved in our less than wonderful "multi culti" society foisted on us by several decades of useless politicians. However " Investigations by Ofsted and the Education Funding Authority in 21 schools found evidence of "organised campaign to target certain schools" by Islamists." So its not just EDL or BNP propaganda, but the result of investigations by Govt. depts. that is throwing up this worrying trend.

I blame the Tories for expanding the Combined Cadet Force into state schools.

o-ABU-BAKR-ALBAGHDADI-570.jpg

I have thought about it and I don't get the idea of a "hoax" letter that purports to knowledge of things that are found to be true. In fact I doubt if there was only one letter, stories about these schools and some further education sites in the west midlands have been circulating for some time. I also doubt that this is confined to the education system. local government is another area of concern. A bit like the masons really.

I blame the Tories for expanding the Combined Cadet Force into state schools.

o-ABU-BAKR-ALBAGHDADI-570.jpg
As of yet no member of the 1st Bin Laden Brigades (Birmingham) CCF has got to one Star level.
As soon as they've mastered blatting a mag on full auto whilst shouting Allahu Akbar they're dispatched to various hot and sandy locales.

I have thought about it and I don't get the idea of a "hoax" letter that purports to knowledge of things that are found to be true. In fact I doubt if there was only one letter, stories about these schools and some further education sites in the west midlands have been circulating for some time. I also doubt that this is confined to the education system. local government is another area of concern. A bit like the masons really.

Biraderi, North West.

We are 30 years down the line now though. To acknowledge the problem is to acknowledge they previously denied the problem though. A bit like the grooming scandals. Only now are certain sectors feeling able to question certain things without being automatically labelled "racist".
We have a long way to go though and I feel it will end in riots regardless. This country deserves it.

Biraderi, North West.

We are 30 years down the line now though. To acknowledge the problem is to acknowledge they previously denied the problem though. A bit like the grooming scandals. Only now are certain sectors feeling able to question certain things without being automatically labelled "racist".
We have a long way to go though and I feel it will end in riots regardless. This country deserves it.

After the event we will still be the ones at fault for not "engaging" and "embracing" cultural diversification. Middle class middle age lower than average intelligence under achievers that we are.

Let them have their Islamic schools, just withdraw the funding if they stray off the curriculum, promote extremism and though it pains me to say it, infringes on anyone's human rights.

Although in reality we can guess they'll be a magnet for those on the fringe of Islam.

The Guardian article justifies the 'Trojan Horse' letter as a fake or hoak because 'it is full of errors'.
Going by that definition, every edition of The Guardian must also be a hoax, and can be ignored.

(It was hard to resist using the Private Eye spelling ;))
Shiny

I've never been convinced that the original letter was real.
I think that it was written up and leaked by someone - probably an Asian in local government/education - who knew what was going on but couldn't get anyone higher up to listen to his/her concerns due to "lack of evidence" (which of course they would avoid looking for). So the author writes this letter, listing all the things he/she thinks are going on, maybe "sexing it up" a bit as if it were a grand plan and then "leaks" it.
That the original letter is bogus would be irrelevant if it forced the authorities to pay attention to the real problem.

Interesting.

Two things that caught my eye -

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/201461172052982818

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson...k-on-islamist-extremists-and-this-is?s=mobile

Perhaps with Mr Gove's point of view, there is a risk of "confirmatory bias" towards the reporting of such activities in schools?

Interesting.

You think a Gove insider/sympathiser instigated the whole thing?

There are distinct similarities with the book. And looking from the other side there was some distinctly western teachers/administrators on the TV (following publication of the OFSTED report) who were adamant nothing was amiss. If there was an evil plot underway you would expect them to sound off in the interests of everyone.

Not wishing to sound condescending but if it was beardy types that had got up and denied everything not many would have batted an eyelid.

Segregation or making the girls sitting at the back and scaling back of Christian teachings is in no way desirable or even acceptable but it is a long way from a plot.

But on the other hand if it kicks off a debate where we can settle all this nonsense once and for all then maybe it is not so much a bad thing.

You think a Gove insider/sympathiser instigated the whole thing?

I know not - but you can see a sort of Ealing comedy where locals get a bit keen at a PTA meeting, and a minister with an axe to grind and one eye on next year's election (or aspirations of party leadership) sees an opportunity, chuck in some counter-terrorism police and tabloid hacks, a few "Ingerland Ingerland" types - all clash with "hilarious" results.

In fact, maybe that's an idea for my first screenplay?

"Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro" got there first there though.

MacStab2

War Hero
I know not - but you can see a sort of Ealing comedy where locals get a bit keen at a PTA meeting, and a minister with an axe to grind and one eye on next year's election (or aspirations of party leadership) sees an opportunity, chuck in some counter-terrorism police and tabloid hacks, a few "Ingerland Ingerland" types - all clash with "hilarious" results.

In fact, maybe that's an idea for my first screenplay?

"Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro" got there first there though.

That film wouldn't get made, it's far to close to reality so you'd be locked up as a spy. That's why they cancelled Yes, Minister you know.

As for extremism in schools, I worked in a Roman Catholic school for two and half years and that is extremism gone wild. Mostly full of Irish teachers as they are all RC and there are no jobs in Ireland. Not a fin school.

Latest Threads